VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anything fundamentally different from the 2000 and 2001 that wont allow my to install a 2000 S4 shocks and springs on my 2001 A4?
thanks.

·
Registered
29,608 Posts
Re: 2000 S4 suspension work on a 2001 A4? (damianp)

the weight difference will make your 2001 a4 have major gap.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: S4 suspension (Lauryn)

quote:[HR][/HR]I need the s4 stock suspension for my A4 does anyone have this[HR][/HR]​
I do. It works great on my 2.8Q.
Great inexpensive upgrade.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Re: S4 suspension (damianp)

Dito. love the S4 suspension on my 2.8Q. however, I'll definitely be upgrading the sway bars to tighten things up a bit more.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Re: S4 suspension (GBGTI)

No i have a 1.8. I didnt' know it would only work for a 2.8. then does anyone have a stock sports suspension from an A4

·
Registered
416 Posts
Re: S4 suspension (Lauryn)

look in the Vortex classifieds adn also audiworld.com classifieds. try ebay too. I think I've seen them around.
The reason the S4 setup won't jive on a 1.8T is (mainly) the difference in weight of the cars.
good luck http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
32 Posts
I do...

I upgraded my S4 suspension to coilovers, and I had my regular S4 suspension for about 1.5 years (15K miles).
I'm in Boston, and I go to New Jersey to visit friends quite a bit.
Maybe we can meet up. Send me e-mail, [email protected], if interested.
I have no use for it, so just make reasonable offer.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Will S4 suspension fit an A4?

I've been looking in my Bentley Manual and they only have one section for suspension for both the S4 and A4. I need some rear struts real quick to replace my sport ones that are shot.
Will a set of S4 struts and springs bolt into my A4 and work properly? I can get them really cheap and figured that they would cover me until I have enough free cash for a real set of struts/springs.

·
Registered
21,570 Posts
Re: Will S4 suspension fit an A4? (turbo90awd)

i was wondering that as well, earlier.... from what i read around, the suspension stuff will all fit and work, but due to the difference in weight (of car/motor) the compression rates/wheel gap, etc.. might be off.
or thas' what i gathered anyway.

·
Registered
38 Posts
S4 Suspension on an A4

I'm a newb and I've got a question! I have a 1998 A4 2.8Q 5spd with the stock sport package. I was wondering if a 2000 S4 suspension would fit on it? And also how much lower would it be? Noticable? If anyone has done it, feel free to show me some pics too! Thanks!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Re: S4 Suspension on an A4 (mcla0156)

Ok, so I see a post just like mine is already on here....shoot. Well....suggestions on different suspension setups? Price is an issue. And I don't need racetrack stiff either, thanks again!

·
Registered
19,732 Posts
Re: A4/S4 suspension (VRUM VR6)

c'mon man..you know how this works..hit the lil search button..it dont hurt, i promise.

·
Registered
6,734 Posts
Re: A4/S4 suspension (pagermancarlover)

Quote, originally posted by pagermancarlover »
c'mon man..you know how this works..hit the lil search button..it dont hurt, i promise.

that's not true, i have heard that the search button zaps you electronically through all compatible mouses (mice?) if you enter in "1.8 vs 2.8" or "chip"

·
Registered
118 Posts
Audi A4 to S4 suspension conversion

What is involved in doing this conversion. I would like to have the wider stance of the S4 in my audi. I will be doing a suspension overhawl soon and wanted to now if it is possible. I have a 2000 avant quattro. Thanks.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts