VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought the car with an abs problem, easy one: front right sensor. Changed it. Same problem.
Upon changing the sensor, i found that the old sensor that i was removing was new and the same brand as the one i was installing.

With the code reader, i can read the data streams of it and it shows datas like and seems to work fine. But there is a code in the cluster and abs/esp won’t work... internitently 🙃

After removing the driveshaft to inspect the trigger wheel and even tried an other outer joint i had in stock to test, I finally changed the sensor again for a different brand.

Same problem again !! 😭

I read the voltage with a voltmeter on both front sensors to compare. I get a more voltage on left side than on right side where is the problem.

Wires have been checked for continuity... thinking about getting an oem driveshaft since the one in place is an aftermarket piece of sh!t with loose in inner joint.

Other than that, i m in a deadend, i don’t know what to do anymore.

Could that be a problem with the abs module ? But the voltages on bots sensors are different and my sensors are good, that’s for sure.

Any advices or ideas will be appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Max

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Foiund the problem, It was the abs module. I replaced it with a used one and works like a charm ever since

1 - 2 of 2 Posts