VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,837 Posts
Re: S5 headlight Owners....I have a question!! (DonCorleone)

no ur completely rite alex. They do not shine nearly as bright as OEM S5's...during the day. At night i say they are fairly comparable. I also think the lack of chrome plays into the equation as well. I am a lil disappointed but not enough to bash the product. I wanna see night and day shots between chrome and black housings. I think chrome just reflects more. I wonder if theres a way to jack the output to leds n have the shine brighter.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: S5 headlight Owners....I have a question!! (dubman6)

Quote, originally posted by dubman6 »
I wonder if theres a way to jack the output to leds n have the shine brighter.

You think increasing the intensity of the LEDs or ex-parking lights to 150% will work??

Modified by DonCorleone at 10:18 PM 4-27-2010

·
Registered
3,710 Posts

tmtuning has chrome ones i just saw, it'd be cool to see them in action

·
Registered
466 Posts
Re: S5 headlight Owners....I have a question!! (Track5tar)

I have the chrome and think they shine pretty close to same intensity as the Audi's. I've been meaning to do some side by side pictures but haven't had time.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Yeah its just the black housings dont have any reflective box around them, and I think less LEDs.
Definitely way better than stock IMO, but not quite Audi. I'm 110% happy with them.
BTW, the best time to view them is dawn/dusk where it is light enough where you dont need your headlights, but dark enough to really see the LED strip brightly.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Re: (big_dish)

Quote, originally posted by big_dish »
Yeah its just the black housings dont have any reflective box around them, and I think less LEDs.
Definitely way better than stock IMO, but not quite Audi. I'm 110% happy with them.
BTW, the best time to view them is dawn/dusk where it is light enough where you dont need your headlights, but dark enough to really see the LED strip brightly.

+1!
WAAAAAY better than stock. I have mine set at 112% and feel as though they're still visible quite well in the sunshine. Either way, they're instant head turners as Dubman once said...

·
Registered
2,426 Posts

I would also like to see a side by side comparison of black vs chrome headlights. I have a silver car so i'm guessing the chrome headlights will look better than the black ones.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Re: S5 headlight Owners....I have a question!! (BeBop!)

I agree I have a reflex silver 09 Passat with a "more" chrome grille. I think the chrome lights will look better but they have the 'too shiny' chrome when compared to the oem stock lights.
It seems like this on the photos. A side by side would make me decide.

·
Registered
6,837 Posts
Re: S5 headlight Owners....I have a question!! (Vak331)

ok it may sound crazy but today proved this thread wrong. I saw my lights for the first time on the road cuz i let my brother drive my car.
(i kno.lol) so im driving with my friend and my brother is behind me n im just gawking at my car cuz ive never seen it being driven. So anyways were gettin off the off ramp n paralleling my car in a 2010 A4...friends i tell you the lights looked dead identical!!!
i was like yellin "OMG, OMG!!" I mean it was dead on! If ur thinkin about these lights, think no longer! I wish i had pics to show you..im gonna take some at the audi dealer just to show u guys!

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: S5 headlight Owners....I have a question!! (dubman6)

Seriously man???
I need to look at the A4 and my B6 side by side because I still think the A4's shine a lot more!!
I also want to be on another car and a friend driving mine, but I haven't got the time.
What I do sometimes is just leave it parked with the LEDs on and walk like 20 yards in front of it and just stare for a good 5 minutes

I also love when I'm looking for parking in a mall or small shopping center and I see the reflexion of the car in business windows!! Looks awesome ! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
238 Posts
Yeah I think this begs for more investigation. I still try to get behind cars that are clean and glossy just so I can look at the reflection!

I suppose when you look at the reflection especially on a red car, for example, it's always going to look dull compared to what the other drivers see.
Let's see some comparison pics

·
Registered
198 Posts
I really don't think its a brightness issue IMO. I do think the Audi OEM lights have more LEDs, like 12 vs our 9, which of course will look brighter if more are together in given area. Either way, I know that at all hours of the day and even driving into the sun I have people look and stare at the front end as I pass.

I also must say, adding HID to these is ridiculous. Looks AMAZING and the 5000K really compliments the LED color well. I recommend people put a 35w kit on their wish list shortly after buying these.:cool:

·
Registered
6,837 Posts
I was gonna take a pic today...but the AUDI didnt even have these lights... god i gotta find one n show u guys

Vadeleigh and Don knows what im talkin bout!!! ;)

another thing...mine are now shutting off while driving, one will come on and the other will stay off, or not turning on when i turn the car on. I gotta go have the bulb intensity bumped up...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.