VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
5,002 Posts
Re: Saab 9-2X Interesting pictures and illustrations (WReXinEFX)

I've stayed out of the other threads on this car, but I'll chime in here. I think Saab has greatly improved the looks of the car, particularly in the front where surgery was most necessary.
That said, the detail changes they made to the interior isn't enough to get me into one, because the interior is what kept me out of one in the first place. It's perfectly adequate, but it just doesn't appeal to me.

·
Registered
41,822 Posts

Has pricing information been released yet?
I like it... it's like a WRX that's remembered to take its Ritalin. Calm, focused, an impressively cohesive overall design considering they just slapped a new nose and taillights on a rather jumbled looking existing model.

·
Registered
11,641 Posts
Re: Saab 9-2X Interesting pictures and illustrations (AKADriver)

Quote, originally posted by AKADriver »
Has pricing information been released yet?

Check the SaabUSA website for full details. Pricing is set at $22 - $30k MSRP.
Considering that:
-Saabs usually sell for under sticker (even their best sellers)
-GMAC financing has awesome rates
-On the Saab, you're getting a better warranty and completely free preventive maintenance for 36k or 3 years
IMHO, regardless of how similar it is to the WRX, you're probably going to get a better deal buying a 9-2.
Quote »
I like it... it's like a WRX that's remembered to take its Ritalin. Calm, focused, an impressively cohesive overall design considering they just slapped a new nose and taillights on a rather jumbled looking existing model

Well put!
-Nate

·
Registered
7,759 Posts
Re: Saab 9-2X Interesting pictures and illustrations (SaabFan)

I couldn't agree more. With GM's deals going as they are the 9-2 *could* come out at or just above a WRX. If its not well recieved it'll cost less. Either way the consumer wins. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
Sidenote: Its seems the general feeling on the other forums is that this is a better looking WRX. Anyone else notice this trend?

Modified by SaabFan at 12:14 PM 12-17-2003

·
Banned
6,574 Posts

Quote, originally posted by WReXinEFX »

Modified by WReXinEFX at 11:07 AM 12-17-2003

did they increase the front overhang? it looks really strange. not good.
Why are they holding out on interior pics?
I want to see the inside!

·
Registered
984 Posts

Quote, originally posted by WReXinEFX »

I must say this is a very well hidden SAAB.
This WILL be mistaken for subaru on road by nearly everybody all the time no matter what one says about the little details that don't help it.
Sorry.

·
Banned
3,228 Posts
Re: Saab 9-2X Interesting pictures and illustrations (false_vapor)

To me it's lacking personality cause of the resemblance of the Impreza. I guess they could at least change the Subaru doorhandles

BTW where is it gonna be made?

·
Registered
22,172 Posts
Re: Saab 9-2X Interesting pictures and illustrations (DCS)

I would say no. The overhang on the WRX or Impreza is pretty long - ya gotta fit that boxer motor practically in front of the axle.
Subies would look a lot better (in proportion) to me if they could bend the laws of physics and package their boxers behind the axle.
$30k for the Vector???? Wow! I know the content between this and the 9-3 are different for differing reasons, but DAAAAAMN! I figured it would start a couple Gs over the WRX.... not 4 or 5Gs!

·
Registered
11,641 Posts
Re: Saab 9-2X Interesting pictures and illustrations (uncleho)

Quote, originally posted by uncleho »

$30k for the Vector???? Wow! I know the content between this and the 9-3 are different for differing reasons, but DAAAAAMN! I figured it would start a couple Gs over the WRX.... not 4 or 5Gs!

Add upgraded wheels, rear spoiler, and upgraded sound system to a WRX and you're above $28k for a car equipped the same as a base 9-2 Aero (which I am assuming is the trimline that will MSRP for $30k). So there's approximately an $1,800 difference in price.
And again, add on the better Saab warranty and FREE maintenance for three years. And the usual Saab discounts + GMAC financing should be able to make a $1,800 difference completely disappear over the life of your lease/loan.
-Nate

·
Registered
11,641 Posts
Re: Saab 9-2X Interesting pictures and illustrations (KARMANN_16V)

Quote, originally posted by KARMANN_16V »
To me it's lacking personality cause of the resemblance of the Impreza. I guess they could at least change the Subaru doorhandles

BTW where is it gonna be made?

IMHO, it's got just as much styling resemblance to a 9-5 wagon as a WRX. Drop the hood scoop and the buldge at the bottom of the rear window and it's practically a smaller 9-5 wagon.
They will be made in the same plant as the WRX, in Japan.
-Nate

·
Registered
22,172 Posts
Re: Saab 9-2X Interesting pictures and illustrations (SaabFan)

I hate it when data makes sense!

I'm shocked that the design looks good. Although I like the WRX sedan, I could never like the wagoon, because of the lack of extra track width and the whole hatch body didn't look good in the rear. The front clip was not pretty, either and that doesn't make sense, because it was the same as the sedan.

The new Saab front fascia is really handsome - clean, agressive, sporty... with good continuity and cohesiveness. The Subie, while not ugly, was a bit much. Hell, who am I to talk... my SRT4 looks like a angry Japanese cartoon anime.

·
Registered
11,641 Posts
Re: (slomofo.)

Quote, originally posted by slomofo. »
i like the looks of it, it's got the cool Saab front end with the subie guts. are they going to make a sedan at all?????

No. The 2.5 litre 165hp N/A Linear and the 2.0 litre 227 hp turbocharged Aero - both in wagon form - will be the only versions available for this generation of 9-2.
-Nate

1 - 20 of 67 Posts