VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
November 28, 2001
Saab 9-3X - Cross-over coupe concept to debut at Detroit
Saab is to unveil an innovative concept car at the Detroit Motor Show in January that is likely to inspire a new style of all-terrain motoring.
The unique Saab 9-3X is best described as a "cross-over coupe", combining sporty styling with multi-dynamic features to demonstrate that AWD vehicles with off-road capabilities can retain a strong, athletic on-road appeal. It is the first time Saab has shown a car with an off-road dimension and the Saab 9-3X could see the Swedish manufacturer enter a new, sub-SUV segment of the market.
Full details will be revealed on the Saab stand at Detroit but the first official images released this week clearly depict a car with distinctive Saab styling cues. The sweeping, wraparound windscreen and compact proportions, avoiding the large wheel clearances traditionally associated with an off-roader, effectively disguise the car"s "command view" stance.
"The Saab 9-3X concept represents a further expression of the sporty, multi-dynamic design philosophy already established by the Saab 9X performance concept at the Frankfurt auto show," says Saab Automobile"s CEO Peter Augustsson. "The 9-3X will also show aspects of the design language you can expect to see in coming products."
The Saab 9-3X is the next step in the Swedish manufacturer"s aggressive product plan, initiated with the 9X, which will see at least one new product or concept announced every year for the next six years.

[Modified by some9one, 6:43 AM 11-28-2001]

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Re: Saab 9-3X - Cross-over coupe concept to debut at Detroit (some9one)

whoa, i can't see the pics because i have to enter a password

·
Registered
13,012 Posts

Come on, I want to see picture os this damn thing.

·
Banned
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Saab 9-3X - Cross-over coupe concept to debut at Detroit (turbo_nine)

sorry people, i did not realize i was directly linking to gm's media site. i put them up on 50megs.com and hopefully you can see them now.
turbo_nine, i thought no one was interested in saab anyway but you proved me wrong.

G

·
Re: Saab 9-3X - Cross-over coupe concept to debut at Detroit (Jettapimp)

quote:[HR][/HR]are those grilles on the HEAdlights!?[HR][/HR]​
Welcome to SAAB's new corporate face. Considering the 9-5's restyle moves that vehicle closer to this look, and that the 9X concept featured the same front end design, I suspect we'll be seeing this look on the next 9-3.

·
Registered
34,664 Posts

The styling theme of the 9X is probably what the new 9-3 will look like with SAAB's new designer's a bit more "radical" design direction.

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Re: Saab 9-3X - Cross-over coupe concept to debut at Detroit (A4Jetta)

What's the difference b/t this and the 9X???

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
Re: Saab 9-3X - Cross-over coupe concept to debut at Detroit (stl4310)

I don't think that there is a difference between this and the 9X that was already shown at the Tokyo Auto show last month.

·
Registered
2020 Mercedes A250 4Matic
18,323 Posts
Re: Saab 9-3X - Cross-over coupe concept to debut at Detroit (Jamblastx)

quote:[HR][/HR]I don't think that there is a difference between this and the 9X that was already shown at the Tokyo Auto show last month.[HR][/HR]​
It's an updated 9X. Considering they are calling it a crossover vehicle, I'm guessing it will be an offroad version of the 9X.

G

·

Check the rear treatment of the 9X, and compare it with the illustration. The 9X has more of a "shooting brake" feel to it, whereas the 9-3X is more a 2+2 hatchback.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts