VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
Re: sad news (hitman88)

How does one respond to this....we truly are an extended family....although I don't post as frequently as other, I am always around.
These two were always willing to help others, now they will be missed!!
-Jeff

·
Registered
3,711 Posts

Oh that is really very sad

i talked to them a few times on IM seemed like very nice guy's
was anyone else hurt ?
sounds like they where riding with eachother
wow life is to short that is all i can say

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: sad news (wolf rocco)

yeah, our good friend steve was also injured. he has a broken leg, hip, and other (thankfully smaller) injuries. we were all kinda together, but in seperate cars. tom and jay were supposed to be going to ny this weekend, but jay's car wasn't running right. we fixed it up last night and went for a cruise. me in my '88, steve is his '95 turbo vr6 rado, tom in his '87, and jay is his '88. we were just kinda screwin' around, the usual you pass me, i'll pass you b.s. i was leading when jay shot past me followed really closely by steve, then tom came around. i went to downshift but bobbled, then got it in gear and floored it to catch up. i was doing about 85 and just barely making up ground when all hell broke loose. all i really saw was a scramble of lights and dust all over the place. i locked up the brakes, yanked hard on the parking brake, and started spinning but somehow came through unscathed. from what the police and we can put together jay hit a deer at full speed, causing steve to smash into him. this apparently caused jay car to go aborn and flip several times into a ditch. at the same time tom's rocco rear ended steve's rado and carreened pf into the woods at what they estimate to be a high rate of speed. steve's car ended up several feet off the side off the road and by the skid marks was barely missed by me as i slid through. they say that tom died instantly upon impact, jay died basically in my arms with me trying to tell him things will be alright.
it took almost 15mins before rescue arrived, and by them it was to late.

i feel like there's something i could have, should have done.

·
Registered
3,711 Posts

WOW i cant even think how hard that would be to go through all that hope you are doing ok
any pics steve or jay ?
like to put a face to the names
how old where they ?

Modified by wolf rocco at 10:39 PM 7-19-2003

·
Registered
474 Posts

Quote, originally posted by hitman88 »

i feel like there's something i could have, should have done.

Don't let it get you down. Even if a resuce team had been there sooner, who knows what would have happened. Just know that they were 1) doing something they loved (driving their VW's), and 2) with friends. You did what you could, and I'm sure that in some way you helped.
Sincerest condolences to all involved.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Re: sad news (damion16v)

All I can say is omg man this is awful. I may not have known them but this is realy a sad situation. I am young and this really yound and this really makes me think about how I act when i am driving my rocco.
They are in my prayers as well as their families.

1 - 20 of 97 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.