VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well...i'm sorry to say this...but my modding days are over. no more drive. no more wanting to do it. i'm too broke. i'm keeping everything unless i can get reasonable offers...but it's over guys. i'll miss you guys a lot. just have to focus on other things now. later. peace. one dub...

·
Registered
7,579 Posts
Re: sad thing dudes (mello1.8t)

what about straight trades? you don't need cash for those. come on bro, keep the dream alive

[Modified by pdxvento, 5:10 PM 11-26-2001]

·
Registered
960 Posts

I understand man....
Dubs is like dope to me....
I've realized if I want to keep it cool I need to leave the Vortex, stop going to GTG's and take my eyes off of anything to do with dubs except my own which still makes it hard.
I've been contemplating the same thing, cause this hobbie is just killing me

·
Registered
825 Posts
Re: sad thing dudes (stock77)

I know how you feel bro im broke as fu(k and now i have to replace the head gasket on my gli and it just seems to be one thing after the other ...can be very discourageing...I'm not sure i can afford to keep up with my vws

·
Registered
749 Posts

Anthony, get off your butt and get a real job!!
Then mods are not so bad. Even though hehe the more money you make, the bigger the mods get!!
Stay with us!!.........................or else hehe

·
Registered
9,013 Posts
Re: sad thing dudes (stock77)

quote:[HR][/HR]Say it ain't so....
[HR][/HR]​
I will not go, turn the lights off, carry me home....

Just b/c you can't mod anymore doesn't mean you can't hang out with everyone...

·
Registered
4,806 Posts

Hey Anthony,
It's not over, just postponed. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
- Peter

·
Registered
15,173 Posts
Re: sad thing dudes (16vracer)

Ahh, its not time to quit the Vortex, its time for--
Thats right, you guessed it:
Ghetto mods!

·
Registered
12,101 Posts
Re: sad thing dudes (matt007)

ahh man..thats the easy way out...dont do it...keep on going or just post pone your mods till then...seriously dont sell your dub

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Re: sad thing dudes (Bex)

quote:[HR][/HR]Say it ain't so....
I will not go, turn the lights off, carry me home....
[HR][/HR]​
Keep your hands still, I will be your thrill, the night will go on.....

Seriously though, I know exactly what you mean. Yes, postpone is a good thing to say. Also, just let things flow man, don't rush it. Haste always turns into wastes.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Re: sad thing dudes (matt007)

Yeah Ghetto Mods RULE!!!!
I just got done with my DIY wheel smoking mod. Sporting the all new and improved Gunmetal look. Didn't cost me more than a couple of automotive spray paint cans and some sand paper.
Blacked out (smoked) my MK IV head lights (Joei In Pro Ghetto Mod), Soon going to do the MK II lay flat rear wiper mod, then paint the calipers, dood, I got a whole load of ghetto mods to do.
Yes there is hope!!!

Ghetto Mods http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: sad thing dudes (1.8T A2)

to be honest guys...my inspiration for everything was/is my girlfriend. she recently broke up with me...the car reminds me too much of our relationship. it was in the middle of everything...from fights to holding eachother close. don't want to get to deep and start crying on the vortex...i'll miss you guys and the love for dubs a lot. through my car...i was selfish...'when am i gonna get this? how much do i need to save up for that' she enjoyed it to but i never got to spoil her like used to before the dub. we were together for 4 years. i'm only 19...we broke up on my bday the 18....also...if they're's and full time jobs available that will be both fun and beneficial to the wallet...let me know...until then..one dub

·
Registered
5,718 Posts

Sorry to hear about that Anthony, it's never easy. But don't throw away something you love because of a relationship, this is the time to thrive on the things you love. You're too young to let a female tear your world apart....it is far easier said than done. I've had my fair share of heart breaks....but time heals all wounds. Stick it out and take pride in the things you care about, take the time to primp your car (as much as any of us can with this weather), go to get togethers...etc.
Take it easy.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts