VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently have an older Sentry Safe like this one:

While moving I may not have extra space. Thinking about selling this and finding another storage setup for the last new firearms I have. 3x handguns, one Remington 700, and one soon to sell Recce configuration AR-15.

Thinking about one of the multi-gun cases with universal foam padding that lets you build it to whatever you have. Something lockable.

Primary concern is making sure my kids are unable to open it.

What do you use? Anything out of the ordinary?

·
Learning New Things Every Day.
'12 Earth F**ker '12 A4q '18 Q3
17,761 Posts
So unsafe.
at any speed.

regarding safes: I have two small ones for the handguns and papers. Longguns are locked in plain Plano boxes. Buried in the house somewhere.

·
Registered
2018 Atlas R-Line; 2019 330xi M-Sport
32,652 Posts
If you're only concerned about the kids getting into things (and not robbers), you'd probably be able to get by with a multi-gun case from Pelican/Hardigg ($$$$) or maybe Plano ($)... Hornady (and others) also make lockable devices that enable you to stow the firearms under your bed or in a closet.

·
Banned by John until they unbanned me
9,086 Posts
Primary concern is making sure my kids are unable to open it.
Do you have a spare closet?

Get a locking doorknob assembly form HomeDepot/Lowes. Install it so the key is required to get into the closet.

Cases may not be ideal for long term storage. Even a plastic cabinet that has a hole for a lock can keep kids out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts