VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright so i have a race prepped motor from schimmel performance and my secondary air injection system is gone. the problem im having now is that my check engine light is on because of my sai being gone. i know 42 draft designs and a few other companies sell a plug for the deletion of your sai system...my question is if this also tricks the ecu and doesnt throw a trouble code...any help would be appreciated because my car needs to be inspected...

alright heres my gti with the big old nasty front mount...and the euro plate is gone...

·
Banned
24,412 Posts
Re: sai plug??? (supra00400)

i know someone was working on it, but dont know if it every got done. my question is.
Quote, originally posted by supra00400 »
i have a race prepped motor from schimmel performance

my question is if this also tricks the ecu and doesnt throw a trouble code

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: sai plug??? (Six13racer)

its got a 3.0 vr6 with just about everything, its capable of about 600 hp but im not nearly there yet haha... its sweet except for the fact that im out of inspection and cops hate me already

·
Banned
22,490 Posts

anyone???

On the Air Pump there is a Valve that plugs in and has vac lines running to it
Remove it from the Air Pump and plug it in Poop CEL goes bye Bye

·
Registered
92 Posts

just search and you will find lots of info
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2530089
like all the plug does is plug the whole in the head, i read somewhere that if you plug a 330 ohm 10 watt resistor in to the sai plug then you can trick the ecu, but this may only work on obd1 since they have one o2 sensor because in obd2 the second o2 sensor sends word to the ecu whether or not the car is running lean due to the sai pump throwing extra air in to the head.

·
Registered
8,351 Posts
Re: sai plug??? (vr6kanon)

Quote, originally posted by vr6kanon »
but this may only work on obd1 since they have one o2 sensor because in obd2 the second o2 sensor sends word to the ecu whether or not the car is running lean due to the sai pump throwing extra air in to the head.

Bingo. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: sai plug??? (Grits 'n gravy)

20 squared tuning makes a resistor i just found for the sai that will make the cel go bye bye...so anyone else with this problem, you can now get your car to pass inspection even though you dont have a sai system

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.