VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
14,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I just got contacted by velocity about doing a GB on Samco hoses and they said it's possible to do it but the downside is that they need 25 people in it. No pricing info yet but I'll check on it. Let's who's interested and who's willing to buy it? I want them if the price is right. Post a replay here if you're interested.
Thanks

·
Registered
4,310 Posts
Re: Samco hoses group buy! (NightRyder97)

Show me prices

·
Registered
14,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Samco hoses group buy! (igneousGOlF)

I'm checking on it. Will let you know by tommorow.

[Modified by NightRyder97, 7:33 PM 11-26-2001]

·
Registered
14,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Samco hoses group buy! (Majik6)

No, they replace your coolant hoses with high quality silicone hoses in any color you want. they are not painted and will crack under heat, they are that color material, weather is it red, blue, yellow or any custom color you want (read lots of $$$ and time needed for custom). Ask Tim about them, he bought them on the last GB gym shoe organized. Good thing to do if you need to replace your worn out or blown stock hose/hoses. They cost around $400 for a 7 piece set though. I hope to get a good price with the GB.

G

·

ewwww.. that's a bit much for my little wallet. i think i'll just keep on armor all'ing my black hoses and hope for the best. thanks.

-----------------------------------------------------------
You don't love them hose do you Majik?

·
Registered
14,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
3,324 Posts

I'd be up for this but I don't think they have the kit made yet for the US Spec 2.0L 8V. Let me know if you find out different!!
Thanks

·
Registered
522 Posts
Re: Samco hoses group buy! (98vr6HONDAeater)

quote:[HR][/HR]id be interested depending on the price......for my VR6T
Eric[HR][/HR]​
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif same here

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Re: Samco hoses group buy! (VR6_Idaho)

If I can get these in a GB for my '97 Jazz Blue VR6 for around $250-$275, then I'm willing to consider a purchase.

·
Registered
578 Posts

Has anyone completed the manufacturing of the 2.0L kits yet ? I know there was another company besides SAMCO that was looking into producing the 2.0L's.......

·
Registered
6,157 Posts
Re: Samco hoses group buy! (mxitup)

quote:[HR][/HR]Has anyone completed the manufacturing of the 2.0L kits yet ? I know there was another company besides SAMCO that was looking into producing the 2.0L's.......
[HR][/HR]​
The other company is Thermal Flex. I tried to get a GB put together last year and it fell through because 1) I didn't have the backing to have the first set manufactured (i.e. $$$$) 2) I was told that ABD was working with Thermal Flex in the production of this kit. I have since talked to the guys at Bahn Brenner(Larry) and he's told me that Samco has produced the 2.0L hose kit. They ordered a few sets about 2-3 months ago and as of right now they still have not seen the hoses. The other thign about it is that Samco told Larry, they don't takr orders on colors, because the part number is the same for all the colors and what ever they send out as far as color goes is what he gets.
I hope this helps with the 2.0L question.

·
Registered
6,287 Posts
Let's take this to the top...it's a good time to replace the hoses to the GTI - it aint getting younger.
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
1,191 Posts

Im interested in a set for my 16v 2.0
I believe that they do make them for my motor, but im definetly interested in a group buy if we gonna be able to cut the price down. Let me know.

·
Registered
6,287 Posts
Re: Samco hoses group buy! (Shotta)

Acchooo!
Keep this to the top! I need new hoses... http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 20 of 63 Posts