VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyways, just wanted to know what the dilly was with the SAMCO hoses. Remember reading about someone getting samco to make a silicone hose kit for the 1.8t's. Just wondering, Thanks.
TMR

·
Registered
7,725 Posts
Re: Samco Hoses? (TMR)

i think a kit would be nice. someone would have to be the guinea pig... it is a trial and error process, using hoses samco makes, we would have to figure out which hoses are needed. then companies could distribute all hoses as a kit. i think velocity was willing to help. not sure though

·
Registered
385 Posts
Re: Samco Hoses? (TMR)

We were talking about it here.
Forge was originally thinking of doing it, then Jason @ New Dimensions chimed in to say that they were getting ready to adapt their Passat 1.8T Samco kit to fit the transverse 1.8Ts in Mk.IVs. I shot him an email to get some details and though he let me know that he'd gotten the message, waiting for his answers kinda killed the thread. Then I got sidetracked with Thanksgiving prep and...yeah.
He still hasn't gotten back to me. I'm going to try and rattle his cage a little and get back to y'all with what he says.

·
Registered
24,078 Posts
Re: Samco Hoses? (ShakyPath)

well being that it is next to impossible to get actual kits they make I would assume it would be even more difficult to make your own from exsisting kits. I know a kid who has been waiting months to put his corrado back together becuase there are no samco hose kits avaliable and we just got like 7 S4 kits, in and they are already all gone, in less then a week. Those hoses are real nice though. We tried to find one for my girls A4 1.8T since htey do make one, but still waiting on it.
chris
[email protected]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts