VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's the deal - close friend of mine is moving to San Diego in 2 weeks after graduating from Virginia

... looking to buy a Jetta http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif and was asking for some advice
Who is your dealer - were you satisfied with them?
Any posted comments would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks
!!!!

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
Re: San Diego / SoCal VW owners please check in here..... (yoyo_vw)

Quote, originally posted by yoyo_vw »

Who is your dealer - were you satisfied with them?

Thanks
!!!!

interesting way to post a question
hehe
I don't know any dealerships in SD but I got my car at VW of Van Nuys

·
Registered
489 Posts
Re: San Diego / SoCal VW owners please check in here..... (TANiK)

I've had a run in with the Service Manager at VW Van Nuys. What an F'n jerk!!!
I was trying to install a Euro cluster and I needed the security code generated for my car. After about 15 mins of trying to convince him, he finally agreed to give me the 7 digit code but then refused to give me the iimporter code. He then accused me of trying to defraud VW.
I then did a little more research and found out that the code is clearly printed on the Sales sticker I was so mad! So I went back to the dealer to get the code and happened to see the manager and confronted him about it in front of some customers. He still flattly denied that was the number and continued to accuse me I was defauding VW. Well my cluster is in and has been working fine for the past 70K miles.

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
Re: San Diego / SoCal VW owners please check in here..... (gedster314)

^when was this approximately?
do you remember his name?

·
Registered
4,906 Posts

I bought mine from City VW and have always taken it and my last jetta to them for service. I just used their internet sales manager John Shumate, if nothing else but to get quotes before i headed to the dealership. He's a nice guy, doesn't pressure you at all.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: San Diego / SoCal VW owners please check in here..... (salsanacho)

Thanks guys for all your help .... from what Ive been reading....

City VW seems to come ahead by a lot!
Any other comments would be welcome.....

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: San Diego / SoCal VW owners please check in here..... (TANiK)

Quote, originally posted by TANiK »

interesting way to post a question
hehe
I don't know any dealerships in SD but I got my car at VW of Van Nuys

hehe... dunno what I was thinking

·
Registered
50 Posts

I went to Classic in Escondido, dealt with Manny. If you go there, DO NOT LET DIM drive your car!! He's an idiot. I first had gone to Carlsbad, but the saleman told me they only make Red, Black and Blue R's and that there are only 1500 in the US. That night, I found my Silver R and have learned there are about 5000 R's in the States....sooo, basically, don't bother at Carlsbad because they are dumb. And when are all the SD Dubbers gonna GTG?????

·
Registered
4,906 Posts

Quote, originally posted by yoyo_vw »
Thanks guys for all your help .... from what Ive been reading....

City VW seems to come ahead by a lot!
Any other comments would be welcome.....

Yeah, its because they are one of more mod friendly dealerships. their service advisers have nicely modded cars, whenever they see another modded car come in for service they always like to talk about what mods have been done, etc. Plus their sales office are much less commission based, they are salaried (although I'm sure they make some commission) so they don't pressure you as much. their service department is pretty busy so sometimes things get forgotten, but they don't bs you or make excuses for it, they just correct the problem and try to make it as painless as possible.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Picked mine up at Classic, dealt with Camielle, she know's her stuff, and she can drive!
Everyone there is pretty chill, from the Service Mgr. to the head honcho. He actually worked out the deal that sold me the car! whoohooo

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
Re: (VR6itch)

Quote, originally posted by VR6itch »
Picked mine up at Classic, dealt with Camielle, she know's her stuff, and she can drive!

Yeah she is cool, I was in the neighborhood and wanted to test drive a toureg. she was real cool and would have had my business if they had any leftover GLI's there.

·
Registered
5,646 Posts
I've seen a lot of people say City is the best .. which is cool, cause thats where I bought my car at last summer. I certainly had no problems.
I've had service at Carlsbad a few times, no complaints either (they covered a repair under warranty without any haggling), although on the phone they'd told me they had a 10-day backlog for service, so I just dropped my car off and they fixed it by the next day

They also had my car down as a jetta when it was clearly a golf.
I think I'll go to City next time i need service, just since everyone seems to revere it, and it gives me an excuse to drive down the coast a bit more

Modified by Troike at 6:29 AM 5-20-2004

1 - 14 of 14 Posts