VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys Ive been running a true cai all winter so figured I better get rid of the salt etc. as my performance has been fealing far below normal today. I tore apart the whole system and there seems to be a sandy gritty residue in my abd bigbore. now oil I know is blow by from PCV normal always have it but never this grit.
I was thinking maybe salt from being liquid on road and dehidrateing and resolidifying on the inside of pipe but it seems to mostly be from the pcv up Im afraid my cylindar walls and rings are shot now
. tell me what ya think and if anyone has a spare ABA around let me know Ive been looking for one lately actually a couple I need 2 built motors for FI ready to be swapped by waterfest!

·
Registered
25,178 Posts
Re: sandy mess in bigbore. (Dubweiser 2.0)

First of all, are you sure it's sand? Your idea of salt or a combination of salt and grime is pretty good.
Put the stock airbox back in and do a compression check to make sure you didn't damage anything. I wouldn't recommend running the CAI until you're certain what the grit was and how you can stop it from happening again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts