VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got this setup from a guy that bought it originally and never used, in new condition, with 6 keys and all manuals for whopping $60.
i put it on the passat to see if the clips would by ANY chance fit, and well damn, they look like they have been designed to fit on a passat.
id only be using this for winter every weekend (meaning taken off after every use)
its a pretty sleek setup, and even without any boards on it its like not having anyting on there, its super quiet.
as you can see from the pics, the one thats not used, folds down and is super sleek almost like its not there.

does this kinda look retarded?
i mean i dont wanna spend any unnecessary money, this works, but looks funny with it being on top of the rails like that, and not using the rails. ya know what i mean.

anyone know where is a good place to look for possibly converting this to a grab-rail kinda setup? is that even possible?
any ideas?
or is this fine to use as is? what do you guys think?

·
Registered
6,470 Posts
It doesn't look any sillier than a lot of things people do to their cars on purpose, so I wouldn't worry about that. Since you state it's for occasional use, and cost less than the parts to use the existing rails - why not? Only downsides would be, it looks like it'll beat up your "rain gutters" - and I don't know how much weight they can take.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.