VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sports And Touring CAr Racing (SATCAR) is excited to announce the Formula Street Fall Series of track events in the Great Lakes area. Bring your street car or your race car. This series consists of four events at different tracks and points will be awarded to determine a series champion. Each of these events will have different run groups for driving school, practice/lapping, and race, along with lunch time touring - - something for everyone.
Sept. 1 “Speed at the Farms” - Blackhawk Farms Raceway, South Beloit, IL
Sept. 27-28 “Grattan G-Fair” - Grattan Raceway, Grattan, MI
Oct. 17-18 “ColorFall Sprints” - GingerMan Raceway, South Haven, MI
Nov. 1-2 “Four Mile Finale” - Road America, Elkhart Lake, WI
SATCAR racing uses a format that is very much like driving schools and open tracking in that passing is allowed only on selected straights, corners must be taken single file, and cars start single file from pit lane. This format creates a reasonable degree of safety for drivers and their cars so drivers can enter any track worthy car, from street stock to race prepared.
The safe format is combined with a unique, handicap based scoring system that provides fairness for all drivers, whether they bring 100 HP or 500 HP to the track. The result is a totally new form of road racing at a much lower cost than has been available in the past.
Further information about SATCAR and the Fall Series, including the Rules Of Competition, is available at the SATCAR web site: http://www.satcarracing.com.
Information is also available by calling or writing:
Kern Fischer
Phone: 630-232-6063
E-mail: [email protected]

Modified by Kern Fischer at 11:45 AM 7/2/2008

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: (bubba_sideways)

bubba,
The cars are started based on qualifying times with the slowest car starting first and the fastest starting last. The starting spacing is also based on the qualifying times. If all drivers drove equally well, they would finish in a dead heat. However, drivers make mistakes so differences in times and positions will emerge as the race progresses.
The competition occurs because each driver is trying to catch and pass those cars in front of them while trying to keep those behind from catching and passing him/her. Drivers who drive consistent, safe laps with no penalties will move to the front and place well in these events.
The format and rules are designed to reward driving skill and minimize the effects of vehicle preparation, thus removing what I call the "Fat Wallet Factor" which is so prevalent in most racing.
Drivers who have participated have told me that they definitely feel the competitive juices flowing.

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Re: (Kern Fischer)

So this is a 'chase' format race?
But designed for street cars, so how does the slowest car not have an advantage? If you cannot pass the guy when you catch him, rather wait for a passing zone, you loose time.
Seriously. I know I've asked about this every time you posted it, but I don't yet get how it works out to be a true race.
Still looks like the heaviest, lowest power car will have the built in advantage.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts