VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a satellite radio and I am installing it in my GTI. The radio requires a 12V power source. The cable they have given me is used for power from my fuse box. What fuse # should I connect this to? The cable has its own build in fuse in case of a power surge, but I need to get power to it. What is the best mothod of connecting it to the fuse panel? Thank for the posts guys.

· Registered
184 Posts
Re: Satellite Radio Instillation (GTI 1.8T Silverstone)

If it already has a fuse, just hook it to the terminal block above the pedals. If you remove the three screws holding the panel above the pedals on, and pull the panel, you will see the block on the left side of the clutch.

· Registered
184 Posts
Re: Satellite Radio Instillation (GTI 1.8T Silverstone)

It supplies power to various things in the car. The terminal block comes straight from the fuses on top of the battery, so its ok to use it. Especially since the sat radio shouldnt draw a lot of current. If you need exactly what each connection supplies, I can look it up in the bentley when I get home from work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.