VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
17,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone seen Saturns new Ion Redline?

Here's the facts-
Ecotec 4 cyl. DOHC 2.0 16v
9.5:1 Compression
Roots style Supercharger making 12.5psi
Laminova Air-Water Intercooler
Wheel HP- [email protected]
Wheel [email protected]
0-60MPH in 7.1 sec.
Recaro sport seats!! Thats right, Recaros. WHY?!

Here is the ad-

·
Registered
6,572 Posts
Re: Saturn's new Ion Redline (GTiG6O)

I showed this to Pat a few days ago... his reply??
"That is gayer than AIDS!"
I was laughing so hard I started tearing up!!

Modified by 719_GLI at 8:07 AM 5-21-2004

·
Banned
36 Posts
Re: Saturn's new Ion Redline (719_GLI)

I think it's rad, kinda like the Neon SRT, it will be handing VW"s their asses all over the streets... I would never own one but I bet it will light up the avarage VW driver who thinks his car is fast..

·
Registered
558 Posts
Re: Saturn's new Ion Redline (Mr. London)

Quote, originally posted by Mr. London »
I think it's rad, kinda like the Neon SRT, it will be handing VW"s their asses all over the streets... I would never own one but I bet it will light up the avarage VW driver who thinks his car is fast..

0-60 in 7.1? now that might smoke my tahoe.....

im sure there will be some quick ones pretty soon but its still as lame as that stupid neon

·
Banned
36 Posts
Re: Saturn's new Ion Redline (2428DISEL)

yeah but like that SRT there will probably be tons of factory hot rod parts to make them stupid fast for dirt cheap. Don't get me wonrg I still think they are all lame...

·
Registered
980 Posts
Re: Saturn's new Ion Redline (GTiG6O)

Tupperware coachworks?
Yeah, it's pretty good for a factory ride, but at the end of it, you still just have a Saturn.

·
Registered
12,483 Posts
Re: Saturn's new Ion Redline (1987CO16v)

I can appreciate what Saturn has done with the car however...why not put all those goodies in a platform that actually looks decent style wise?

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Re: (jon.baker)

Wow, nice pics Jon. It looks a lot better than the blue one in the ad. And leather Recaros, sweet! I didn't bother to check out Saturn at the show because it was in the corner and it was Saturn's booth.

·
Registered
17,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, whatever, its still a SATURN. I have my own opinions and I probably won't share them here...
bump!

·
Banned
218 Posts
Re: (sad_rocc)

Quote, originally posted by sad_rocc »
Wow, nice pics Jon. It looks a lot better than the blue one in the ad. And leather Recaros, sweet! I didn't bother to check out Saturn at the show because it was in the corner and it was Saturn's booth.
thanx... i was told that this car was not "ready" i dont know..
i do know i pissed off the pontiac guy pushing the the Holden Monero.. i mean GTO..

holden..

the neon guy though was pretty cool when i asked him if the engine was the same as in the lancer..

but i would love to see this here..
Ford Falcon..

and i would buy this..
Holden Utester.

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
I thought people bought their kids Saturns so they were slow as poo and didnt get into wrecks?
Wtg Saturn, on a car targeted for drivers under 18.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Re: (1BadAzzVR6)

oh man I can't wail until some punk whos dad just bought him that car thinks it's the new hotness and pulls next to me. "dude your saturn just got beat by a rabbit!"

1 - 20 of 32 Posts