VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving my vette in downtown chicago tonight and saw this minivan with this cladding all over it. the plates were alabama manufacturer plates. there was a sienna behind it, but i didn't check the plates on it. it was a generic looking minivan, all i noteiced was that the speedo was this big half circle in the middle. what company would have mfr. plates from alabama and not michigan. japanese companies????

·
Registered
2006 Lexus GS300, 2011 Nissan Leaf
36,950 Posts
Re: Saw a car with mfr. plates from alabama :wtf: (346cid)

Hyundai's new plant is in Alabama. Their new, as yet un-nammed minivan will be built there, as well as the next generation NF Sonata and XG. Next time, take pictures.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Re: Saw a car with mfr. plates from alabama :wtf: (346cid)

At my job we have several cars with many different cars with manufac/dist plates....Many companies, like mine, are contracted by automakers and they have a generic plate that switches from vehicle to vehicle

·
Registered
2006 Lexus GS300, 2011 Nissan Leaf
36,950 Posts
Again, I believe it was the new Hyundai minivan though I definitely agree with the above post, too. Here's an article from the Car Connection that states it being the new Sedona; however since then they are now believed to be the Hyundai. Your guess is as good as mine. In any event, there has been some waffling about whether or not the two will be built together in Alabama in the same plant as the Sonata and XG.
BTW, I didn't link the pics because I don't want my nuts in a jar on top of Brenda Priddy's fridge.
http://www.thecarconnection.co...=6980

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Saw a car with mfr. plates from alabama :wtf: (Patrick Arena)

yep that's it, i remember that big oval underneath the bra.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts