VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently, somebody was asking about the Scion tC and why it wasn't here yet. Well, today I saw one driving.
-Maroon with large rims (maybe 18, but I can't be sure because I don't know the car well enough)
-looked to be stock ride-height
-Dealer plates
I had seen the tC at the LA Auto Show and the looks didn't impress me too much. Seemed to me like the Toyota design team looked at some of the current small import cars and mixed them up in a blender. A little Tiburon here, a little RSX there, and a sprinkle of Civic on top. Oddly enough though, as I approached the car from the rear on the freeway, I thought what I was seeing was a mini BMW 6 Series with new tails. Something didn't sit well with this impression though, and as I sped up I saw that it was a tC. As I passed on the side, the overall RSX-esq shape again revealed itself. Watching it in the rearview was equally unimpressive with it's anti-personality headlights and grille. I can see what they were going for with this car, and I think the idea of a subtle hatch (intended for the tuner crowd) is a good idea. However, the car doesn't have it's own look. There is nothing spirited about a JMD-combo design. It looks like p-chop you would see on the Vortex over what the next Corrado should look like. Something is missing. That said, it looks much better driving then it did on the stand at the auto show, or on the website. I'm sure many will like it's just-barely-under-the-radar-boy-racer-look, and the aftermarket will find ways to give it some feeling. And I have to admit, it's a lot easier on the eyes than an SRT-4...

·
Registered
6,705 Posts
Re: Saw a Scion tC driving today (MINDGAME)

i always thought it looked a lot like a tuburon. they look pretty slick to me though.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Saw a Scion tC driving today (AudiVwMeister)

Yeah, it got on the 73N right before the Bristol Exit (don't know which one that is), and was moving toward the 405N. I saw it as I was crossing the freeway over to the 55N.

·
Registered
19,201 Posts

I think the tC will clean up when it goes on sale as long as they don't overdo the marketing towards the youth / skater / import crowd.

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
Re: Saw a Scion tC driving today (Merc-MarkO)

I saw a blue one today. it had 17s and some type of rear valance but yes it sure look nice

·
Registered
174 Posts

I think I saw that same car last week on the 405, near Long Beach airport. A middle-aged asian man driving, with a someone in the passenger seat. Car looked nice - liked that color.

·
Registered
2017 Audi A4 Quattro Prestige, 2017 Subaru Outback Limited
23,656 Posts
Can't wait. It's on my buy list

1 - 12 of 12 Posts