VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

· Registered
9,025 Posts
Re: Say it isn't so, new S745i!!!! (LoudTIGER)

Quote, originally posted by LoudTIGER »
HAHA if that's true BMW is getting ripped off by Merc... i bet they'll come out with a weird trunk too
doubtful.

It does and will.

· Registered
12,037 Posts
Re: Say it isn't so, new S745i!!!! (Beltfed)

The controls to the right of the door handle look like seat controls. And from what I remember, usually Mercedes is the one that has them on there, so it might be possible.

· Registered
2017 Golf Wagon 4motion Highline
18,972 Posts

I look at it this way: In photos, the 7-series dash looks ugly. But when I sat in them, the dash actually doesn't look so bad and the layout is fairly logical - except for the location of the power seat controls. I really love the little telephone keypad that pops out from the dash.
So maybe, if this is indeed the next S-Class interior, it will look better from behind the wheel than in photos. I am also sure that it will look better in final production form rather than this pre-production hack job.
I'll reserve final judgement until I've actually sat in the next S-Class and seen it for myself. Making a judgement based on a photo is narrow-minded.

· Registered
MTA F Train
5,865 Posts
Re: (StattlichPassat)

Quote, originally posted by StattlichPassat »
That's pretty sad... allow me to make a shameless plug for how cool the A8 and Phaeton are instead.

http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

G

·
Re: (StattlichPassat)

Quote, originally posted by StattlichPassat »
That's pretty sad... allow me to make a shameless plug for how cool the A8 and Phaeton are instead.

Except for the fact that the Phaeton has row upon row of buttons that all feel the same and are the same size. Plus the interior isn't all that.
The Audi's gorgeous, though. My only complaint is that every time the screen pops up, regardless of what you're using it for, you need to agree to a statement of legalese, which is nuts.
Mercedes, BTW, is in fact getting their own version of iDrive, though they swear theirs will be easier to use than BMW's. We'll see.
Allow me to make a shameless plugs for the far more logical systems used by Jaguar, Lexus, Infiniti, and in particular, Acura. Acura's system is the model that everyone should be emulating, IMO.

· Registered
4,250 Posts
Funny how I used to think that most new cars that companies were introducing were better looking than the last model and now its like they are declining, almost trying to hard to make it alot different from the last model.

· Registered
1,522 Posts

That's revoltingly ugly... http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif
But on the bright side I guess that makes the Phaeton and A8 comfortably head and shoulders above the competition in the interior department.

· Registered
5,487 Posts
Re: Say it isn't so, new S745i!!!! (MEIN_VW)

Quote, originally posted by MEIN_VW »
I look at it this way: In photos, the 7-series dash looks ugly. But when I sat in them, the dash actually doesn't look so bad and the layout is fairly logical - except for the location of the power seat controls.

I disagree. In person, the 7er's dash still looks very bad. Makes me feel like I'm inside an IKEA catalog, and that's not a feeling for a supposedly sportive brand to exude http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif
I wonder when BMW will start suing Mercedes for blatantly ripping off their design.

And bgluckman, the Phaeton's interior definitely is all that. It's the dash-strokers delight and strikes a perfect balance between opulence/comfort and simplicity/unfussyness. If I had the money, I'd take a Phaeton back seat as my livingroom couch

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.