VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just read this rumour on a Swedish car site, they say that the Buick has increased sales by 30% lately, and it's a possibility that it might be badged and sold as a Saab in US, in addition to the Buick. As they add, it already looks a bit Saab-ish in the Buick version.

[Modified by PerL, 2:54 AM 8-9-2002]

·
Registered
4,975 Posts
Actually, I believe it ain't so.
The Saab SUV was supposed to be based on the upcoming Cadillac SRX, but Saab didn't want to build it. When it bombed in customer clinics (as did the SRX), they begged Bob Lutz to euthanize it - and that he did. The Cadillac will go into produciton only because the Cadillac people begged for the exact opposite thing - production despite poor testing results.
The Rendezvous is already two years old and in platform years, that's not exactly new. The likelihood of a Saab version of that car is minimal.

G

·
Re: Say it isnt so! Rendevouz to be sold as a Saab SUV? (Taimar2)

quote:[HR][/HR]The Rendezvous is already two years old and in platform years, that's not exactly new. The likelihood of a Saab version of that car is minimal.[HR][/HR]​
Actually, the Rendezvous platform is even older--remember, underneath it's just the GM minivan platform.
The SAAB SUV is dead. I didn't know the new Cadillac tested poorly in focus groups, though. What about it didn't they like?

·
Premium Member
'21 Tacoma TRD-Offroad – '94 Miata – '16 RAV4
38,612 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.