VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone have one, or willing to draw up a little, shi*ty diagram for me?? I've heard all kinds of things, that the pipe should be bent 90 degrees, that it should be bend 45 degrees to ensure better flow, etc, etc.....what have you done that works the best?
I know a lot of the Corrado owners in NYC said they had just gone to their local Midas or Meineke and had them custom bend a piece for under 40 bucks....thats my plan, I just want a basic diagram so they don't find some way to F it up....seems like whenever a Corrado is involved, anyone can mess up, stealership, tuning shop, me, expert, ANYONE.

So yea, if youve got any pics of your suitcase eliminating pipe or can draw a little diagram thats basically the setup youve got, PLEASE post em or email em to me!!!!
TIA!!!! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
ps - dont forget to add diameters on the diagram.....also if you could just describe it in some kind of detail instead of drawing it, that works too....I just want something to hand the guy who's going to be making this for me, so he wont be able to say i didn't tell him exactly what i wanted

·
Registered
5,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Schematic of Suitcase Eliminating Bent Pipe???? HELP ME OUT GUYS (dmband0041)

antsy bump...i need to get thish work done by the weekend...

·
Banned
15,206 Posts
Re: Schematic of Suitcase Eliminating Bent Pipe???? HELP ME OUT GUYS (dmband0041)

just go to a muffler shop unless you get a real idiot they will be able to figure it out
only cost me $25 and 20 minutes

·
Registered
4,021 Posts

you don't need a schematic...just take it to whatever shop and let them have at it. Its just a short piece with 2 45's. It will be a lot easier to break out a tape measurer than to draw up a schematic.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Re: Schematic of Suitcase Eliminating Bent Pipe???? HELP ME OUT GUYS (VR6 Rage)

Me likey the exhaust hangers off your straight pipe! Mine are all jacked up and hanging very low.

·
Registered
849 Posts

Quote »

Hahh, I almost forgot what it looked like. Mine has not had one for over 10 years now!

·
Banned
646 Posts
Re: Schematic of Suitcase Eliminating Bent Pipe???? HELP ME OUT GUYS (MonoSki)

what exactly is the point? or advantage/disadvantage to the suitcase muffler?? ive always wondered....can somebody let me know?

·
Banned
15,206 Posts
Re: Schematic of Suitcase Eliminating Bent Pipe???? HELP ME OUT GUYS (tnine)

it muffles the sound
alot, i thought the baseball sized rust hole in the suitcase was loud, well it was louder without the suitcase

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Re: Schematic of Suitcase Eliminating Bent Pipe???? HELP ME OUT GUYS (brilliantyellowg60)

Quote, originally posted by brilliantyellowg60 »
it muffles the sound
alot, i thought the baseball sized rust hole in the suitcase was loud, well it was louder without the suitcase

Louder than stock, but not louder that it was unbearable. I've had mustang/camaro guys compliment the sound of the exhaust without the suitcase...
Performance wise the only advantage is the weight savings, which isn't much of course.

·
Registered
5,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

thanks for the pics!!! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
36 Posts
Re: (MonoSki)

ive heard some people complain about a resonating sound with it off. is this true? id like to toss mine, its about to rust through on the back end.

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Re: (nuklyus)

i had mine with nothing from the exhaust manifold to the muffler. just straight 2.5" pipe. it sounded like crap outside the car. but inside it sounded really good. like a low rumble. then i went to the TT exhaust and it sounds much better outside. no raspiness but inside is this loud droning sound.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts