VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
new images posted
I believe these to be made by a gentlemen by the name: Jim Ison as there are "Jim Ison '65" texts on the lower right of each image.

For all those who have requested hi res......since email will not allow me to easily attach 650MB files....
I will host them temporarily - you've got 2 weeks to get them then I'll pull them down...
they were scanned at 3200dpi, and are very large files, please be patient.

So, I would like to ask... if you do something cool, or are planning on something cool with these images... let me know, I may want in.
aka: if you're making posters, t-shirts, background images, etc, I may want one too (I'll pay)

finally got them hosted: thank you to all that helped with my formating and size constraint issues:
this directory has a 600dpi, 1200dpi and an 1800dpi version of each of the negatives. in the end it was a pixel size limit.. see bottom if 1800dpi isn't enough.. and again this will be pulled down in 2 weeks.

back again: -but only the 1800dpi set
http://accad.osu.edu/~renglish/carCulture/autoUnion/

If you are interested in 3200dpi scans.... email me and I'll probably ask for a SASE with media (CD or thumb/USB drive ) and you can then pick your format too: psd,tiff,png,bmp,jpg etc.

·
Registered
23,418 Posts
Scanned from a large negative: (then shrunk down for viewing)
:thumbup:

You know, you could make the above image clickable, with the URL of the large image as the target... :beer:

·
Administrator Emeritus
19,475 Posts
You have IM, I can get a high res hosted.
I can also do this.

OP, if you can get me a copy of these in high-res, I would a) really appreciate it personally and b) put it up so that anyone else that wants one can get it.

-Tim

·
Registered
15,158 Posts
Let me know when you get the super high res hosted. I will go today to get this printed in large format!

And nw I have the measurements needed to build one from that spare bug floorpan I have in the back yard- MUAHAHAHHAAHHAHHAAAA

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
in for a high res copy

1 - 20 of 66 Posts