VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i decide i wanna get schrick 264 and turn 2 pulleys...
but i heard you need better valave springs for it..
and
1: what else do i need?
2: where to get those
3: who makes the best springs(reasonable price range)
4: where to go those springs
how much consider if everything is needed
those are for a MKIV VR 12V.
thanx in advence http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
16,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: schrick 264 cams. now need valve springs suggestion!! help (djsilvera)

but if i want to have a nice set of springs... where do i get theM??
somebody help plz...... search is down... and i really need to know! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Re: schrick 264 cams. now need valve springs suggestion!! help (kyokoris)

Look, there's no reason to have a "nice set of springs" when you dont need them. In fact, they'll probably rob power. Do a search on DSR 256s with springs -- you'll find someone posted recently here with a pretty god dyno (like 180whp) but the power dropped after 6k in a pretty big step. He was getting valve float from using special springs with his cams.
From what I understand, you WONT need special springs with the 264s.
If you're patient, my 264s are arriving in a couple of days. it'll be a week or two after that before I install em. I'm gonna do a before and after dyno. I'll post it.

·
Registered
37,603 Posts
Re: schrick 264 cams. now need valve springs suggestion!! help (kyokoris)

TT and Schrick make heavy duty springs for the high lift cams. The 260/264s from what I remember DO NOT need the springs because they're slightly lower lift then the 268s, and you're not going to be revving as high to get the power out of them. I would call Denon (Schrick importer) and ask them directly if you need the springs, they'd know 100%. For what it's worth Trac is selling the 268s without springs now, with little/no problems. The springs are more like insurance for high rpms.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Re: schrick 264 cams. now need valve springs suggestion!! help (need_a_VR6)

quote:[HR][/HR]TT and Schrick make heavy duty springs for the high lift cams. The 260/264s from what I remember DO NOT need the springs because they're slightly lower lift then the 268s, and you're not going to be revving as high to get the power out of them. I would call Denon (Schrick importer) and ask them directly if you need the springs, they'd know 100%. For what it's worth Trac is selling the 268s without springs now, with little/no problems. The springs are more like insurance for high rpms.[HR][/HR]​
if paul says it, it's true.

·
Registered
37,603 Posts
Re: schrick 264 cams. now need valve springs suggestion!! help (djsilvera)

quote:[HR][/HR]if paul says it, it's true.
[HR][/HR]​
ALWAYS consult your supplier and ask they're recommendation before listening to any yokel on the "internet," especially myself. The mind is getting full and fuzzy these days.

·
Registered
8,335 Posts
Re: schrick 264 cams. now need valve springs suggestion!! help (need_a_VR6)

Back when I ran 260/264s I wrote to Schrick in Germany direct regarding valve springs.. they recommended their valve springs.. I don't know if it was a sales gimmick or not but my car ran awesome regardless... I didn't bother taking them out either when I installed my248 SC cams. I contacted them about leaving them in for those cams. Their reply to that was they wouldn't do any harm and they are a better built spring then stock.. and are suited/recommended for all their cam applications.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Re: schrick 264 cams. now need valve springs suggestion!! help (dubsix)

Regarding Schrick cams and valve springs, whether you use the Schrick 264's or the 268's, valve springs are recommended, but NOT mandatory, even with the 268's, however, the springs will ensure the safety of your valve train if there is a RPM spike from let's say a blown shift, at which point you may have wished you had spent the extra buck to buy the springs and the extra cost of installation. Any further queries or concerns, feel free to email me.
Cheers,
Andy @ Denon Performance
North America's Schrick importer

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Re: schrick 264 cams. now need valve springs suggestion!! help (D.A.T.)

BTW, I've got a set of Schrick springs that I never used with my DSR 256 cams. Make an offer, and before emailing me with: "How much do you want for them?" show me what your current best price is and I'll beat it.
-DVScott

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.