VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking for a write-up, searched :banghead: i have seen plenty finished but none in progress. just got the grill halves and buckets yesterday, have an old GTI grille... dont wanna just start hacking

bungee'd on :laugh:

·
Registered
14,868 Posts
Nope, but feel free to go attempt it on your own and make a write-up for the next person. :):thumbup:

·
Registered
20,821 Posts
rabbit grill wont work on a jetta.

not sure if your plan will work on a jetta grill either...

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
I'm in the process of doing this to my 81 Westy rabbit. I haven't got much done on it but I intend on finishing.

I've looked and there really isn't much of a write-up on it either... all I know is

1. you have to cut the original grille center out, and use the outer portion of the westy grille to hold the rocco grille halfs

2. have to modify the rocco grille halfs to fit inside the modified westy grille surround

3. have to make tabs that hold the buckets from the rad saddle

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
looks like a jetta front end
the rabbit wont work right on the ends will it?
if i find a late westy in the junkyard i was gonna do a late westy/scirocco setup.
i shoulda bought a third grill-half and made it all wider for an early westy setup.

·
Registered
204 Posts
looking for a write-up, searched :banghead: i have seen plenty finished but none in progress. just got the grill halves and buckets yesterday, have an old GTI grille... dont wanna just start hacking

bungee'd on :laugh:
why dont you shave the spots where the turn signals are on the sides. I feel it would look great and use a euro bumper and euro turnsignals

1 - 12 of 12 Posts