VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1977 scirocco I pretty stripped but if you need any metal or want a shell, it might be worth a look. didn't look to have any major rust but forgive me if i'm wrong as i wasn't really looking too close. most interior still there but very dirty & sun stroked.
1.6 original engine
anyways it's located at U-Pull Parts-U-Pick Parts -
8520 Telfair Ave, Sun Valley CA- (323) 875-1715
good luck --definitely very rough but as these are getting rare, someone might be interested & it's the only mark I i've seen at a junkyard in the year & a half i've been going.

· Registered
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ginster--can't get pics because they don't allow cameras in. (only in LA for those of you not familiar with this place)
camber--no sunroof
it is pretty rough but like i said if you needed any fenders or hood i think it would be worth it. gold/sand metallic or whatever they called that color. no grill or front lights, left taillight only but cracked slightly, interior mostly there but very rough. 3 original 13" wheels.
or grab a shell if you need one.
as i've said, not sure if these are hard to come by or not. and i hate to see it go to waste so that's why i've posted here.

· Registered
1,857 Posts
Re: (superloaf)

Quote, originally posted by superloaf »
ginster--can't get pics because they don't allow cameras in. (only in LA for those of you not familiar with this place)

Never searched me, and BTW, camera phones kick ass.

· Registered
9,861 Posts
Re: (superloaf)

Quote, originally posted by superloaf »
ginster--can't get pics because they don't allow cameras in. (only in LA for those of you not familiar with this place.

sarcasm....

· Registered
11,517 Posts
I'd like to find a good sunroof-less rocco donor roof to graft onto my car to delete my sunroof if anyone has the means!
Jay - that yard we went to right after dubfest was in Irwindale....maybe we need to hit up this Sun Valley one?

· Registered
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: (-camber)

Quote, originally posted by -camber »
I'd like to find a good sunroof-less rocco donor roof to graft onto my car to delete my sunroof if anyone has the means!
Jay - that yard we went to right after dubfest was in Irwindale....maybe we need to hit up this Sun Valley one?

camber--they're generally pretty cheap, moreso than the pickapart empire at least. i think i'll be back there in the next week or so to pick up an alternator for my alfetta so i can look closer at it if you're interested. cars seem to stay there longer than at pickapart but i don't know how long its been there.
so wait a second? i had dreams of saving this poor old scirocco and now you want to cut off the roof? jesus!
someone should get the engine! 1588cc of german fury! i'm a little partial to these engines as my first car ever was a '76 scirocco--same as this one but carburetted. i added a big valve head and dual dellorto sidedraft carbs (which i still have) and that f**ker screamed. i remember it revved so quickly that i could barely get second gear before it overrevved. these big displacement engines are all wrong. torque sucks! give me firebreathing revs over torque anytime.
ok, enough of memory lane. i'll check it out if you give me some time. i would sneak a cam in but my only digital camera is a SLR so i can't. my phone is lame and not bluetooth so i can't get the pics out since i'm a mac person and all the interface isn't mac compatible.
all right, so more than you ever wanted to know about me but that's the details.

· Registered
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: (-camber)

Quote, originally posted by -camber »
I live right by the Disney Hall....maybe we can meet up sometime?

sure, anytime. i think i've met you at bonelli or at least Will pointed you out to me when i was telling him how much i liked his veetarded name and then said yours was also a great screen name.
are you talking about the supershiny giant fish disney building downtown? i'm in burbank now since i moved a couple of months ago but still close enough (note to self: don't move to burbank because everything closes at 9:00pm! sorry, burbank fans but i'm not digging the midwest smalltown feel! and i miss the hollywood skanks & sluts although the pre-op teenage girls are pretty cute!
)
anyways, i still need to get out to will's sometime so he can weld up my cracked front crossmember and check out his ground control set up.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.