VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, new to this site, had my scirocco GT for past 10 years, ive decided on stippin her down and givin her an overhaul, the car is in good enough order i just feel it deserves a freshen up, rebuild the engine, freshen up interior and a new lick of paint! the car is alpine white with the black bodykit, which i like but cant decide on repainting alpine white or changing it to jet black, which i think suits the scirocco's best, any ideas on colours??????????

·
Registered
34,590 Posts
Keep it white with black trim...some people might not but I do like those mirrors. :thumbup:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
now am really undecided !!! i do like the white but was lookin to colour code the trim and bumpers with a new set of rims, keepin the 1.8 8v engine, just rebuild it, got new petrol tank to go in along with upgrading the brakes, they really are frightening sometimes!!! always a sore point come the annual MOT test! ordered the long badgeless grill from germany and goin with the single headlights, although not sure what it will be like driving on very dark roads !!! anyone tried these?
them mirrors im not sure about either, kinda like em but there is no internal adjustment http://www.vwvortex.com/Anthony/Smilies/frown.gif

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
am from scotland, but livin in belfast for past 9 years, there was a bad dent on front wing, cannot source a decent replacement so left the wing into a good bodyshop this morning and hope they can repair it good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! where u from ur self

·
Registered
34,590 Posts
badboy grille arrived today from berlin in germany........... should look good!!
By badboy grille, do you mean the hood extension?

Something like this :

I still have my hood stored away ;)

·
Registered
9,621 Posts
there was a bad dent on front wing
huh-huh...you said 'wing' instead of fender.

j/k

welcome aboard!

always a treat to see some right-handers. :cool:

we don't get to see 'em in real-life here in the states so much...but i have visited a couple in person:

@ cincy in '09

though i really DO want to acquire a RHD wiper/linkage/arm assembly for the sheer 'backwardness' of it...:p

@ fixxfest in '09

again...welcome!

moAr pictArs!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
its a brand new gas tank along with all the new parts for fitting!

got the bodykit off today and started to remove all the wiring looms......

1 - 20 of 99 Posts