VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

· Registered
8,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok. So tomorrow, (Sunday) I have the opportunity to get Scirocco 1 parts off some cars that are going to the scrap heap.

I know this may be sad to some of you, but at least it in their demise, another will live gloriously in their behalf meaning mine.

So my question would be to all my Scirocco 1 brothers out there is, what parts would you recommend or think would be good for me to take that I might need in the future??????
Eventhough it is sad to see them go away, I am very excited because this is like hitting the lottery!!!!!!!!!

Please help because tomorrow is the big day!!!!!

Thanks ahead of time....
- John
ps. a few things i was thinking about so far........
- Relays
- Speedometers

Modified by Waagenz at 11:09 PM 9-10-2005

· Registered
11,762 Posts
Re: Scirocco "pick n' pull" opportunity of a lifetime...need help!!!!!!!!!!!! (Waagenz)

Umm...everything you have room to store?

Just take all of them and part out what you don't need; without knowing what kind of shape anything is in it's hard to say, but last I checked they aren't making any Mk1 specific stuff anymore so I say grab everything you can. All the glass for sure, and save me a windsheild.

\m/oot.

· Registered
8,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Scirocco "pick n' pull" opportunity of a lifetime...need help!!!!!!!!!!!! (veetarded)

\m/ mootzzzzz!!!!!

Well...thing is, I can't take the cars...only stuff off of em'. so...yeah. I was thinking whatever I can fit in a 1998 Olds ninety-eight.

\m/ end moot transmission.

ps. Will...should i throw a brick into the window to remove them for you?
\m/oot?

Modified by Waagenz at 11:19 PM 9-10-2005

· Registered
5,275 Posts
Re: Scirocco "pick n' pull" opportunity of a lifetime...need help!!!!!!!!!!!! (Waagenz)

fenders, interior bits, whatever glass you can grab, any sheet metal

· Registered
8,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Scirocco "pick n' pull" opportunity of a lifetime...need help!!!!!!!!!!!! (LubsDaDubs)

I think interior stuff I am going to take like a crazy man...i think the front fenders on these cars are pretty shot. They have a bit of rust.
How bout stuff from the motor????

· Registered
8,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Also what about suspension items....
- Axles, brakes, control arms, stuff like that????
Penny for your thoughts?

· Registered
9,710 Posts

-Front airdam, duckbill, whatever is hangin there under the bumper, even if its only half, them things are more rare than Paris Hilton's dignity.
-Door panels and every bit attached to it ( Door lever, window cranks, plastic surround bits,arm rests, etc)
-Dash with instuments , A/C vent slider bezel thingie and the knobs too ( under the radio)
-Center Console
-Trunk cover lid...or at least the plastic hangers if they are there
-Trunk Side pieces and all the plastic pins that hold it in.
-Hell, just roll the whole car home and we'll part it out from here!

· Registered
1,799 Posts
Re: Scirocco "pick n' pull" opportunity of a lifetime...need help!!!!!!!!!!!! (veetarded)

Anything and everything, in order of best condition to worst condition until you can't fit anymore. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
Quote, originally posted by veetarded »
... last I checked they aren't making any Mk1 specific stuff anymore so I say grab everything you can.

· Registered
8,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Scirocco "pick n' pull" opportunity of a lifetime...need help!!!!!!!!!!!! (My Old Roc)

Quote, originally posted by My Old Roc »
-Front airdam, duckbill, whatever is hangin there under the bumper, even if its only half, them things are more rare than Paris Hilton's dignity.
Hell, just roll the whole car home and we'll part it out from here!

hahaha. That Chewie is one funny dude.

Paris Hilton actually has dignity? WoW!
hmm...interesting. I learn new things on the tex everyday.

Thanks for all the info. good info. guys, I guess it will be like a scmorgishborg (sp?)... "all you can eat" Rocco Part Festivis!!!!!!

I will try to get as many items as I can....plus if I get enough things I can hopefully help out some of my other Scirocco brothers out who might need some items etc... http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
10,618 Posts

Ignore ANYTHING mechanical...
Grab anything you can bodywise..including interior, dashes, doors, fenders, and glass...THOSE are the biggies...

· Registered
11,762 Posts
Re: Scirocco "pick n' pull" opportunity of a lifetime...need help!!!!!!!!!!!! (Pagano)

:crickets:

· Registered
20,202 Posts

Find me a Mk I p/s chrome flag mirror!!!!! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
8,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: Scirocco "pick n' pull" opportunity of a lifetime...need help!!!!!!!!!!!! (Mk1Racer)

Quote, originally posted by veetarded »
:crickets:

chirping....

Quote, originally posted by Mk1Racer »
Find me a Mk I p/s chrome flag mirror!!!!! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

Hey Bill... I think they are the plastic black kind however if there are any...I'll let ya know!!!

This is going to be a fun day tomorrow!!!!!!!!

Modified by Waagenz at 1:41 AM 9-11-2005

· Registered
257 Posts

well first i gotta say woo! for the old ninety eight, i had a 89 98 for my first car, strong lil car, many a fun, scary, dangerous, kickass times in there. 2nd just take em, push em if u have to hehe, or just make a few trips in the olds. but stumblin on a few mk1s would be nice, ive only seen 2 mk2s in the same spot a couple times, mine being one of them each time. anyway have fun, show them a good farewell.
joe~

· Registered
8,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: Scirocco "pick n' pull" opportunity of a lifetime...need help!!!!!!!!!!!! (joebeRt)

ha! well the, "olds wagen" as I like to call it belongs to the family...I'm just going to borrow it for awhile.

Suprising how much stuff you can fit in that car...its pretty massive in size. Probably a few trips is what my plan is I'm thinking. That seems to be the best idea. Besides, I don't want to get this stuff messed up once I work to get all these pieces out.
I guess we'll see what tomorrow or maybe I should say today brings...hehe.

· Registered
11,762 Posts

Wow....I thought it was past yer bedtime there Johnny boy.

Good to see the insomniacs are still about.

· Registered
8,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

^^
OMGHI2u2 HIVW!!!!!!!!!!
Insomniacs unite!!!!!

Wish me luck tomorrow folks thanks for all the help! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
11,762 Posts

Don't make me post pics here dood.

H.I.V.W. fo life! <3

· Registered
20,202 Posts

Well?? What kind of cool stuff did you score?

· Registered
8,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Re: Scirocco "pick n' pull" opportunity of a lifetime...need help!!!!!!!!!!!! (Mk1Racer)

Welp....heres how it went...
I really only gutted one Scirocco interior. Got a lot of good part off of it..door panels, speedometer, carpet, seats things like that...unfortunantly i had to wait like two hours for this person until i could do anything to them.

It also sucked because when I sun went down, I pretty much had no light at all!!!!

Good news is however I can go back tomorrow and continue working on the other Sciroccos. Pretty cool that I gutted it in about 3hrs. and in darkness. I'm gettin' pretty good at this stuff.....(pats self on back)

for me!!!!

:Stay tuned for tomorrow....: I'm off to bed. Got more work to do tomorrow!!!! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.