VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to Scranton, PA for vacation in August, and i need people that live in eastern Ohio, Scranton/Allentown PA, Jersey, NY, that WHOOLLLE area's help.
i'd like to know where some good salvage yards are out that way that have lots of MK1's. i'd like to take a look, for chance that they might have some parts i'm looking for http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
so if you have any good places to hit up, or at least some that might have Mk1's it'd be cool if you could direct me to those places.

IM or post. thanks. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

Modified by ZachRabbit at 5:14 PM 7-11-2009

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: FV-QR (Mr.Chrome)

good idea... shoulda thought about that. thank you.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: SCRANTON/ALLENTOWN PA/NEW JERSEY/CONNECTICUT PEOPLE, I NEED YOUR HELP! :) (Big CADDY)

Quote, originally posted by Big CADDY »
vacation in Scranton....... ???

a customer of my dad is letting us stay in his dad's old house. haha. all we gotta do is buy food to fill the fridge with, and we can stay as long as we want.... 1 week, 2 weeks... whatev.
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
basically all the money we had for vacation can be put towards having fun and the basic necessities.

Modified by ZachRabbit at 6:01 PM 7-11-2009

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: (motorbreath1800)

Quote, originally posted by motorbreath1800 »
There are no mk1's around here in Eastern Oh. But check in PA south east of Pittsburgh. Westmoreland county area, if you know your VW history, you'll know why that area has cars.

i can guess a few reasons of why that would hold true.
guess #1: westermoreland stylings in VW's.... has something to do with something in that area. haha.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: FV-QR (ams2hill)

Quote, originally posted by ams2hill »
good salavage yards for rabbits should only be share with family or very close friends.

hahaha fair enough. just thought i'd ask though. i understand the reasoning behind that statement though.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: (Minty_Fresh)

Quote, originally posted by Minty_Fresh »
WE WILL NOT TELL YOU WHERE TO GET THE PARTS WE ARE KEEPING HIDDEN.
ok im jk but at least in my area northern DE and little bit into PA all the rabbits are crushed or mangled.

that's saddening

i've grown to like these cars,
so i'm going to take my time to make my MK1 as nice as possible...
(the only reason i'm going to a junk yard is for maintenance parts so i can keep it running until i can get my 20vT swap in.
no cheap parts

gonna take the time and $$ to do it right.

but yeah, never hurts to ask. i'm not looking to pick up a bunch of stuff, just little things here and there that i can't find around here.

·
Registered
3,592 Posts
yea it sucks. there was 2 rabbits at a yard. both where in the middle of stacks and one had some stuff on it but where they where there was really nothing left to them. also one yard has a rabbit that looks like it was rolled 100 times and then a decent one. crushed the good one left the rolled one. and finally there was a few pickups that where smashed. i got a friend that always tells me he saw a rabbit or mk2 or something go in a yard and when i get there its no where to be found. im starting to think you better off with the vortex classified.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: (Minty_Fresh)

Quote, originally posted by Minty_Fresh »
yea it sucks. there was 2 rabbits at a yard. both where in the middle of stacks and one had some stuff on it but where they where there was really nothing left to them. also one yard has a rabbit that looks like it was rolled 100 times and then a decent one. crushed the good one left the rolled one. and finally there was a few pickups that where smashed. i got a friend that always tells me he saw a rabbit or mk2 or something go in a yard and when i get there its no where to be found. im starting to think you better off with the vortex classified.

what sucks is the local yard doesn't buy VW stuff... they send them on... but i've told the guy if he gets anything i'd be over there to buy parts from him... still nothing... there's just not many of these cars in my area.
it's scary to think people just dont care about these cars anymore... i mean... seriously the engines get GREAT gas mileage... and although the styling is old, you just gotta use your imagination to make it look nice http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
the more people have disregard for Mk1s, the more rare they get... and the harder it is to find parts
then all that's left for the people that live in the States is to buy Citi Golf parts... from South Africa... and there's a chance those may not fit...they're not exact copies...
if anyone has any specific suggestions IM me. i don't release any info to anyone else unless given permission. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
3,181 Posts
Re: (ZachRabbit)

hehehehe, I know where there's a super nice 80 rabbit, just waiting for me to come cut off her nose
. who needs a nice early westy core?????

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: (funnee84bunny)

Quote, originally posted by funnee84bunny »
hehehehe, I know where there's a super nice 80 rabbit, just waiting for me to come cut off her nose
. who needs a nice early westy core?????

not me, i like my late westy, but i definitely know someone who might be looking for an early westy core lol.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.