VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8,898 Posts
His eBay auction says "The seller is away until Aug 28, 2022. Add this item to your watchlist to keep track of it." and it's out of stock, but I would watch it and send a message to the seller saying it was available on the VW Classic website as of August 10, 2022.

·
Registered
'91 GLI, '98 Vr6 GTI, '17 Golf R
702 Posts
I once had to replace all four oil squirters as a rebuild by someone else had all four missing. I wasn't able to find the exact part number, I bought some of EBay that looked the same and took a chance. They had the same bolt, same thread and fit my 9A block like they were made for it. So what I'm saying is from my experience there definitely is some cross compatibility between part numbers. So just because it doesn't say "PL" doesn't neccessarily mean it won't work.

·
Registered
8,898 Posts
Yes, I placed an order for them from Classic parts and then got notification they are out of stock. Just need to find an old block. thanks
You're welcome.

If you don't mind me asking, how were you able to make an order with Classic Parts?

Every Vintage VW owner in the USA would be interested.

You could also try to find a rebuilt PL if you aren't concerned about matching numbers.

Here's a used engine:

VW 1.8L 16V Long Block - Free Tech Help (partsplaceinc.com)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for that link.. I will keep looking. As for Classic Parts, I took your suggestion: my daughter has a friend living in Spain and she is going to visit her in a week or so.. I was going to have the part shipped to her and my daughter would bring it home. Funny, she knows me well and her first question was "how big is it dad?" ha. She was relieved when I said no bigger than a quarter. I had sent an email to Classic asking them to confirm they had it in stock first, and they said they didn't. I had ordered one from LLLparts in the UK who said they had one and then they cancelled the order for no stock. Now I have an issue getting my money refunded...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts