VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Scratch/streak fixing | detailing help

I have this long scratch on the driver's side side bumper of my car, and I am sure I did not hit any curbs of any sort. I am guessing that a car hit mine slightly, for it doesn't look too bad. I cleaned up the very light scratches by rubbing whatever is on my paint off but some of the streaks are a bit harder. If I wash my car will these go away? the body is not damaged, I think something is just on my car and I need to get detailing or something. Something like this has never happened to my car, and I don't know what to do. It is definitely a waste of time to go through insurance. Can I take the car to VW and have them do a little detailing? I have no idea what to do, thanks in advance.
Edit: I don't have a digicam to show pics, but the color looks like a rusty color. Like I said, I removed the light marks simply by rubbing it off with my finger, but I don't know exactly what made the marks so I can't determine what to do.

Modified by chungie at 4:09 PM 5-19-2004

·
Registered
39 Posts
Re: Scratch/streak fixing | detailing help (chungie)

Hey i think i've seen u driving around before. I moved to Brighton in January. I too have had some scratches here and there. The city sucks for owning a car as sweet as ours.
I'd do a search about scratches cause there are tons of postings on this...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts