VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,
I'm pretty bummed out at the moment and needed to see what answers you might have for me:
I will have owned my GTI for a month tomorrow and noticed today a scratch going down the lower half of the middle section of the rear seat (Get all that??) .
I had a friend sitting there today while going to lunch, but I can't figure out how he would of did that. The only other thing could a been a wire hanger that fell off the hook. I am extrememly positive it wasn't there when I got the car (it had 435 miles on it when I drove it off the lot)..
Any tips on repairing it? Can I repair it?
Thanks for reading..

·
Registered
17 Posts
Re: Scratched leather = Super Bummed.... (Lew_Dog)

Leather can be repaired. Most scratches can be repaired 95% or better. Call your dealer and ask who they use to do their leather repairs. If they can't help you, let me know and I will find a leather repair artist to help you. It's not expensive.
db

·
Registered
11,507 Posts
Re: Scratched leather = Super Bummed.... (autopia)

Quote, originally posted by autopia »
Leather can be repaired. Most scratches can be repaired 95% or better. Call your dealer and ask who they use to do their leather repairs. If they can't help you, let me know and I will find a leather repair artist to help you. It's not expensive.
db

David what you doing over here?

·
Registered
12,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Scratched leather = Super Bummed.... (Jesstzn)

Rock on db!!
I'll email my sales rep and find out. I'll get back to you.
Thanks again for the reply.
Lew

·
Registered
12,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Scratched leather = Super Bummed.... (Preppy)

It should be covered if it was a flaw or defect I beleive. Since it was "User Error" I doubt it will be covered. I'm looking into other options like trying Lexol or even one of those repair kits...
Lew

·
Registered
11,507 Posts
Re: (autopia)

Quote, originally posted by autopia »
Hey Jesstzn!
Since Holly and I picked up a Passat Wagon (barf!), I figured I'd better check out the V-Dub scene.
db

Dave I expect that wagon ( Varaint ) to be thoroughly detailed .. even better than mine and pix posted .. or I'll start a rumor over in Autopia.. hahahahaha

1 - 8 of 8 Posts