VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
Re: screwy guages with VIDEO >>>after Blown Headgasket (korbela)

That is one of the funniest thigns I have even seen.
Obviously the problems with the chip are not fixed. Does the OEM chip fix all the problems?

·
Registered
2,908 Posts

Holy jesus. Well, then reset the ECU and see if it comes back. If it does, then you might be looking at an ECU. But that's just my guess.

·
Banned
6,028 Posts
Re: screwy guages with VIDEO >>>after Blown Headgasket (kermani)

so this is while driving? try slapping the top of you dash above the cluster and see if it responds to it (changes in the gauges). if it responds to the beating then the harness connector is probly becoming unsoldered from the cluster circuit board. this happened to me in my gti. assure all wiring is complete and clean your grounds.

·
Registered
7,115 Posts

your gauges remind me of that project where you can take hard drives and hook them up to a amplifier and play music thru them. The wipers would move around across the platters exactly like your needles do as music is playing

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: (mightymidget)

Ok here is what happened.
I blew a headgasket and when we swapped the head the problems came after that.
I reset the ecu and it drives and accelerate absolutely AWESOME !!!
Except for the fact that my gauges are dancing all over the place. Heres the funny thing if my time always go back to 1:00 so could it be a ground problem if So WHereTF is the ground.
I would love to find a wiring diagram for this damn car. Where can I find one.

·
Registered
7,115 Posts

get a bentley... I know of 4 ground spots, there's one on the backside of the intake manifold, one under the battery tray, the ground cable from the battery at the trans and there's one in the rear by the drivers side tailight. I suspect there will be others as well thruought the chassis

·
Banned
6,028 Posts

definetly NOT crap, they're the best bookd for VWs but they tend to be wrong in particualr places, but its usually 98.9% correct.
there the grounds on the back of the head, these are moet important, gotta take the engine cover off to get to them. then the ones under the battery tray. and for the cluster there is a huge ground block/terminal behind the dash on the left a pillar that for everything under the dash. did you put a meter on your battery and alternator yet?
are you having any problems starting in the morning?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: screwy guages with VIDEO >>>after Blown Headgasket (VRsuper6)

Nope she fires right up and hold the rpm steady from what i can tell no idle surge or anything.
I did look just now after your comment and it looks like the bracket that has 2 wires on it is loose and not fully connected.
So let me let the car cool off and we'll see what happens.

·
Registered
240 Posts

My gauges did that for a while in my B3 passat but sometimes they would follow the the rpm's and mph about 20 degrees ahead. i bought new gauges and they work fine. they only problem is that the gauges are for an automatic so aparently im always in park no matter how i shift.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: screwy guages with VIDEO

OK well the gauges are fixed it was the 2 wires by the throttle body that mount on the head on a bracket.
Fixed that now the only issue is that it doesnt have that oomph from stand still. but after she's rolling the power is phenominal.

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
Re: screwy guages with VIDEO (korbela)

try this:
disconnect the battery then after a few minutes reconnect it
insert key, turn to the "ON" position and leave it there for 5 minutes, DO NOT TOUCH the throttle pedal...after 5 minutes, turn the key off and then go ahead and start the car, again DO NOT TOUCH the throttle pedal nor rev the engine or put it in gear, let it idle for a few more minutes, then go ahead and drive normally and things should return back to normal...hopefully

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.