VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
2,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep, I finally joined the club of Jetta owners with a broken power window. I know it's a common problem, and I was wondering if there is a nice online tutorial anywhere with pictures showing me how to get the door panels apart and fix the window. Also, what part is most likely broken? Where's the best place to buy it?
TIA,
ROB

· Registered
2,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: search down, broken power window, help please? (redstar)

quote:[HR][/HR]there is a step by step with pics but i cant remember where it is.
sorry to be of no help.
[HR][/HR]​
I thought there was. Thanks for the bump at least. Anyone?
ROB

· Registered
42 Posts
Re: search down, broken power window, help please? (rtmeikle)

Just had the same problem for the first time and I found a good tutorial on the ohiovw web site, I think the path is http://www.ohiovw.com/forums/topic....r+Tutorial&Forum_Title=How-To+tips+and+tricks
As far as ordering a regulator I attempted to order from rayreece.com but its been a week and they have not charged my credit card yet and they do not seem to be acknowledgeing any of my questions, although I did receive an order confirmation??? I am still looking for other places to order the regulator from and I have heard of people getting lucky on E-Bay, but if you find a good site, let me know.

· Registered
2,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: search down, broken power window, help please? (CManVR6)

Thanks, that tutorial looks very helpful, and it is my rear window that needs to be fixed.
The part is almost $300 from that site! Wow. Has anyone found a cheaper place to get it? How much have others paid for the part?
ROB

· Registered
42 Posts

$300, What part number are you looking up? The part number for the Drivers Side Rear is 1h4839461a and costs $70.00, the part number for the Passenger Side Rear is 1h4839462a and costs $68.29 w/out motor and $145.00 with motor on www.vwparts.com.

· Registered
42 Posts

I called the dealership nearest me and they said they could fix it for $350.00, but they could not sell me one because they were on back order. So I ordered the regulator from vwparts.com and it cost $77 shipped to my house. It took about an hour to an hour and a half to put in. I recomend you do the same, I dont think your going to find it for much cheaper than that.

· Registered
2,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: search down, broken power window, help please? (CManVR6)

Thanks for the help everyone. I fixed my window yesterday. Not too big a deal, and the part was about $70.
If anyone else needs help with it, let me know!
ROB

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.