VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
cant figure a gap out, thought that i would go by the PO's gap, but he decided to buy bosch triple tip crap. .35 sound right to anybody? lemme know. by the way this is a 1.8 16v using stock ignition. unfortunately they only had ac delco at the local yokel store, guy behind the counter was trying to tell me that the delcos are better then bosch for my car anyways
riiiiight.

·
Registered
14,303 Posts
Re: search down, what is the gap in your plugs? (A1pocketrocket)

Each brand and type of spark plug should have the recommended gap on the box or at least the auto store should be able to tell you what the gap should be. I prefer Bosch plugs for a VW street application, and NGK plugs are good also. On the NGK box, it tells to adjust the spark plug gag to engine maker's specifications. Do you have a Bentley for the 16V engine?
Will look at my Bentley when I get home tonight and let you know the recommended gag setting. Regards, WWR.

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: search down, what is the gap in your plugs? (WackyWabbitRacer)

no bently, yes, i know. a haynes which is usefull only for putting on top of the bently so it doesnt get dirty. nothing about spark plug gap in the haynes. and the box says nothing but 'gap to specifications'. thank you ac delcrap. its ok, im going for.035 and ill change them as soon as i run across some bosch or ngks.

·
Registered
14,303 Posts
Re: search down, what is the gap in your plugs? (A1pocketrocket)

The A2 Bentley lists two 16V engine codes: PL with CIS-E and 9A with CIS-E Motronic. The following plug types are recommended in the Bentley:
The PL engine code uses Bosch F6 DTC with a gap of 0.028 to 0.035 inches.
The 9A engine code uses Bosch F6 DSR, or Beru 14 F 6 DSR, or Champion N8 GY. All three of these plugs have a gap of 0.028 to 0.035 inches.
Good luck, WWR.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts