VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
‘19 Mustang Gt convertible, ‘22 Ford Mach e
3,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a little 'tex help here. Looking to swap oem gti leathers for my stock cloth gti seats. Plugs are different in terms of wiring colors. Has anyone swapped the oem leathers into a car that came with clth stock. Search is down so I can't find old threads.

Looking for any diy's or vag-com changes needed.

Thanks in advance.

· Registered
3,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update.

Here is the plug of the GTI leather seats. You can see that the three color plug is yellow, green, and brown.

Here are my plugs. You can see that the three plug colors are black, blue, and brown.

Will I be able to simply swap the seats over with no issues, or will I have side airbag issues?

· Registered
3,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Assuming both pictures are from Passenger seat, you should be good to go. The leather seat has additional black plug for occupancy sensor. If you do not have it, there is no problem.

Check the wiring of the big black plug.
These pics are from the drivers side. If there are issues would it simply be a matter of swapping pins, or if they aren't compatible am I out of options.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.