VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are seatbelts and the seat all one piece or can I remove the lapbelt. i was told they are all one. my lapbelt is broken i need to replace it. Thanks

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
Re: Seats and their belts (4DoorFury)

later cars seem to have the ugly seperate belt setup.
One belt for the lap
One belt for the shoulder
I have an odler car that had a standard "single" belt.
I swapped seats in that had the later "dual" belt setup.
They DO unbolt from the seats.

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
Re: Seats and their belts (ewongkaizen)

Its only 1 bolt bolt to take them off your seats. You must take the seats out to get the bolts off. The bolts car be a pain to get off take some PB blaster to them makes it alot easier. And becareful not to bend the rails when tryin to take the bolts off.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Re: Seats and their belts (4DoorFury)

all of the different seatbelt elements are bolted to the legs of the Seats.
On late model cars with added lap belts, the Lap belt receiver is part of the Shoulder harness spool. They have to be replaced as a single unit.
But they do come off the seat. Raise the seat up and you can get a socket wrench under it to remove the belt elements. Just pull out the bolt and remove and replace the part. Reinstall the bolt.
You do not have to pull the seats.

·
Registered
15,945 Posts
Re: Seats and their belts (Boosted8v)

The lap belt comes right off, however it is safer to have the lapbelt,unless you are converting to the single belt system. I took my recaros out of the single seatbelt system and pout them in my 92, andnow I dont have a lap belt, cuz I dont want to drill a big hole for the belt holster would attach itself.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Re: Seats and their belts (brelvis25)

i have an 89 jetta. i only have the shoulder belt, no lap belt. and it doesn't look as if the lap belt was removed. did they sell it like this from the factory??

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Re: Seats and their belts (vwlucianno)

The 89 (like mine) Did not come with the lap belt. If you get the parts (lap belt spool and lap belt receiver/shoulder spool) you can convert the drivers side only if the seat has height adjust. The passenger seat too. Otherwise you are better off converting to a 3 point system (old style)
it is not expensive. I spent $25 for salvage parts

1 - 7 of 7 Posts