VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning reading my email my roommate came back and told us that his car was broken into. His subs, amp, and head unit was stolen, it happened late at night, 4-5ish because we got back at 3:30am. The thieves opened his hood throught the bottom of the car, keep in mind my roommate drives a prelude. Unplugged the battery, forced the passenger window down a little, unlocked the door and stole everything. Regardless, just to let you know, I've been hearing a lot of stories around the Northern Virginia area, that a lot of kids are breaking into cars lately, Honda's, VWs the lot. Master keys being made, people's cars missing and finding them up in PA a month later. Just wanted to let you guys know, and potentially what are some things that car owners can do to protect their cars and prevent this from happening? Any input would be apprecaited. Thanks.

·
Registered
12,101 Posts
Re: security (jawbrkr.gti)

you got to get an alarm with a back up batterty taht is hidden where they cant get...that will sill sound even if the battery wires are cut or unplugged...cant run to much so thats pretty much the only way to do it...oh yah dont bump your system at all through town, showing that you even have a stereo system...otherwise its like every one look steal me....sorry about the news though

·
Registered
566 Posts
Re: security (jawbrkr.gti)

Same thing happened to my friend's 300zx last year, stole his changer, amp, box, and head unit. Check to see if insurance will cover it, sometimes they do.

·
Banned
10,500 Posts
Re: security (HydeDTD)

factory alarms are a joke. All they do is give you a false sense of security. Get a good aftermarket alarm and have it installed by a reputable shop. Be careful, some shops will note down your address and steal back products. So use a fake address or use a shop that people recommend to you. Some extremists will take their plates off their car when they go to get a stereo or alarm installed.
Other than that... Bolt your sub box to your frame, keep it hidden. Dont bump your stereo when entering a neighborhood, it just attracts attention.
You can always shave your locks and handles, that will prevent the thives

1 - 4 of 4 Posts