VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
7,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been a long road for me with mk1s, it's been tons of fun, but I can no longer daily a mk1, or work on project cars. After this last accident (second time I have been rear endexd in a mk1 for those keeping track, 5th time in 11 years being rear ended.) I frankly find myself scared in traffic and I am done with driving a mk1 on the street.

Maybe after a few years I will build a mk1 track car, or I'll hunt down that datsun 510 I have always wanted to put on a track.

For now I am selling off all of my mk1 stuff and putting my tools back in their box until my back and neck heal.

Don't worry, I will pick up another VW someday, I might just have to get something a bit newer... maybe I'll show those emkayfour kids what it means to actually build your own custom parts.

I'll miss you fookers :(

-Loki

·
Registered
6,201 Posts
After this last accident (second time I have been rear endexd in a mk1 for those keeping track, 5th time in 11 years being rear ended.) I frankly find myself scared in traffic and I am done with driving a mk1 on the street.
5 times in 11 years?:eek:

i have only been once and it was a freak occurance in my work vehicle. he missed the vehicle behind me and caught my rear quarter/bumper, drove on the sidewalk around the car in front of me, and went kitty corner thru the intersection hitting a ford ranger head on. i think he was doing 45 or so.

good luck on your injuries and settlement. you'll be back

·
Registered
285 Posts
It's been a long road for me with mk1s, it's been tons of fun, but I can no longer daily a mk1, or work on project cars. After this last accident (second time I have been rear endexd in a mk1 for those keeping track, 5th time in 11 years being rear ended.) I frankly find myself scared in traffic and I am done with driving a mk1 on the street.

Maybe after a few years I will build a mk1 track car, or I'll hunt down that datsun 510 I have always wanted to put on a track.

For now I am selling off all of my mk1 stuff and putting my tools back in their box until my back and neck heal.

Don't worry, I will pick up another VW someday, I might just have to get something a bit newer... maybe I'll show those emkayfour kids what it means to actually build your own custom parts.

I'll miss you fookers :(

-Loki
this ones for you :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6j-8ylYp2-o

·
Registered
546 Posts
Good luck, dude, first and foremost in the healing process. That's more important than anything. Having a project hanging out there, constantly nagging your mind, would probably only put more stress on you.

:thumbup::beer:

Ryan

·
Registered
7,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
LOL, Yeah DH, it had occurred to me.

First one, Was traveling through a green light towards a stop sign, stopped gradually in a chev cavalier, was rear ended by an old blind bastard who ran away.

Second one, was in my chevy stepside, got rear ended by a tweeker dude on the highway, I could have avoided that one since I saw him coming. I was stopped dead to make a turn, I could have floored it and hit the ditch to avoid it. Instead I let him smash his geo metro on my bumper.

Third one, was the 81 rabbit, got hit by a dude in a bronco at a stop sign because he was texting.

Fourth one, got tagged in the costco gas line by an old canadian guy in my chevy s-10. No damage

Fifth one: got tagged at 25-35 mph by an 18 year old who claims his brakes failed.

I don't think any of these were my fault in any way... But you do raise a valid point.

Arsenic:
B.C. is friendly, but your drivers scare me.

Dieselwabbit: Gladly, send me some money lol.

I am defecting to the dark side of cars for a while... I'm getting a newer (gasp) Japanese (wtf?) car.

It's not a honda, it's a Subaru, so don't cry for me Argentina, it's a flat 4, therefore it is awesome, and a nod of the head to the aircooled world.

·
Registered
23,511 Posts
Eh. You will be back in a week
agreed here.

come on dude, all but 4 of my MKI ones in the last 17 years or so have been takin from me in an accident, and all but 1 of those were not my fault.

remember this one in 2005? drunk driver..85+mph in a 25mph..i was sitting still? she got off scott free?

Image uploading. Refresh page to view

Image uploading. Refresh page to view

i was like..fuk it...but, i still got more, took me about 6-8 months. but i bought my gli and an early westy rabbit.

yes i am scared everyday, i drive far more defensively and aggressively now. i am always checking my 6 and head ona swivel. i pull my corners, look through and dont even take yellow lights. i leave big cushions and when people are braking i cadence brake to get their attention and scoot up a bit just in case.

dont give up because humans are pieces of shait. i live in the state with the worst drivers and the 2nd worst roads. and we dont even have any form of a track.

so you cant give up. bastard guy....come to hawaii, take a vacation, stay with the ol boy chris.

dont be gay:wave:

focus on sueing them, and getting healthy. i know its a long time to do, and some stuff jsut wont heal physically or mentally. but. cant let **** slow you down with what you lvoe and dont let it discourage you either bru.

:beer::beer::beer::beer::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

·
Registered
7,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
:thumbup: Thanks man.

I'll probably have to come back someday. I've lost some feeling in my left hand (friendly stranger?) and I think I have some nerve damage. I'm going to the doc. later today.

Sue?... why I would never do such a thing to such a nice and honest young man. :laugh:

·
Registered
23,511 Posts
lemme know how it goes man.

i feel you, ask them to give you an mri and an ERG..it's nerve testing. been gettign a ton fo doc time in for my neck/back/shoulders/wrists.

hope you get better soon.

seriously..tickets are sale to oahu right now...like 500 round trip...which is retarded cheap.:beer:

·
Registered
285 Posts
I get very annoyed when I see people texting and driving for the simple fact that I read stories on here and see accidents happen for myself. There has been many occasions in my rabbit where I've had someone behind me and I can SEE them effin around on there phone. And what do I do? I BRAKEC- just kidding... I pull over an just let them go by. Ppl look at me like I'm dumb but I think that's how I've managed to have mine as a daily for 2 years and have no accidents.

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
In PA they just made texting while driving against the law, $50 ticket. Hopefully will reduce texting and driving some. I know I use to a little when driving but no with this law the I haven't. Last thing I need is a $50 ticket.

·
Registered
14,303 Posts
Good luck my friend and the best of everything in the future. Will miss your posts.

Cheers, WWR.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
A subaru can get rear ended just as easily as a mk1. :laugh: all kidding aside, im with WWR. gonna miss reading your posts. Always entertaining :thumbup::beer:

·
Registered
12,397 Posts
I like hear is BS. You will be back, faster then you left. Especially if you hand with the Emkay kids.

Good luck on your speedy recovery. Hopefully the damage is not permanent. Good luck w a lawsuit.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.