VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After many years enjoying my Cabriolet I have decided to sell it as i am looking to get something new. The car was originally my grandmothers then when she got a new Cabrio in 01 my mother and I inherited it. It has been garage kept all its life and is one of the nicest Cabriolets people have seen. That being said, it does show its age and isnt perfect. A couple years ago it got hit in the side which required extensive repairs and body work. The car looks great though and the guy who did the work is an artisan at bodywork. The engine leaks a little oil but I have recently had some of the sending units replaced. The exhaust manifold is a MK2 dual outlet with techtonics tuning downpipe, a new cat and a techtonics 2" aluminized Cat back exhaust with a dynomax muffler. The top was replaced in 2005 and is leak free. The car was recently inspected and has two new rear springs. Within the past year a front tie rod and new tires all the way around were added. There is an Alpine head unit but the speakers are blown. The car also has newer angel eye style headlights (from ebay)the left has a crack but overall the lighting is greatly improved with sylvania cool blue bulbs. The oil light blinks and buzzes past 2,500 rpm and the car needs a new rear motor mount. It may be due to the motor mount but shifting into first is difficult. The car does sport a Techtonics Tuning short shifter though. Overall its a great car thats been well maintained and loved since new in 1988. My fiance recently wiped out my bank account,left me, took our new Jetta and this car is more of my fun in the sun car. Ive recovered my financial situation somewhat but decided that this car would be better in someone elses hands and I would benefit from the money. Im asking $2,500.00 or best offer. Pictures soon. Let me know if theres any interest. Im in the Binghamton NY area.
-Darren

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.