VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi...
i dont know if im a retard or not, but my headlight went out for the first time a few days ago. today my dad said he was gonna get a new one. he went outside to look and see how you even would replace it and said he couldnt figure it out. he went online to see how and found out you have to pay like $200 for a new one... we thought you just needed a new bulb that would be like $10-20....
so uhmm... wtf? if it costs $200 to replace a dead headlight... uhmm thats pretty ****ty... especially since i got pulled over the other night to be told it was out.
im sorry im so dumb... but im sad now.
help!

·
Registered
683 Posts
No, you don't need to replace the whole headlight assembly if the bulb is just burned out.
The owners manual should have the full procedure on removing the headlight assembly, taking hte back off it and replacing the bulb. The first time you do it, it'll take you 15 minutes of cussing, but I can do it in 2 minutes flat now.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok thank you. my dad is out checking the manual now... we were just kinda freaking out so i posted
THANK YOU!

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Re: (Phatfenders)

1st time = cursing and bashing the knucles into everything behind the headlight. After doing it so many times now it's a piece of cake. And careful not to break that lil lever or the button!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts