VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
6,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
One set of 4 Tire pressure sensors. Perfect for installing on a set of new wheels or wheels with snow tires. The seals for the tire pressure sensors are 1 time use. This means if you swap the sensors from your original wheels you will need to buy a set of seals for each sensor. This can cost $25 per sensor for new seals. Purchasing this set of 4 new sensor is the most economical solution available to get a genuine VW sensor.

If you have any questions about VW Tire Pressure sensors take a look here as we have tried to explain more about the system. https://deutscheautoparts.com/vw-audi-tpms-tire-pressure-sensor-1k0907253d.html

This setup New from a dealer is $360.00 this is 64% off!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
207 Posts
How do you convince the dealership or shop to use these when mounting tires? I told them I was going to be using some brand new OEM sensors that I bought (from you) and they said they're not allowed to mount personal sensors. You have to pay $400+ for theirs to insure they're real and not accidentally broken. I have some brand new wheels coming in and i'd like to get a set of these instead of paying $400+.

·
Registered
6,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How do you convince the dealership or shop to use these when mounting tires? I told them I was going to be using some brand new OEM sensors that I bought (from you) and they said they're not allowed to mount personal sensors. You have to pay $400+ for theirs to insure they're real and not accidentally broken. I have some brand new wheels coming in and i'd like to get a set of these instead of paying $400+.
That may be the policy of the dealer, or it may have been what someone told you to get you to buy the sensors from them. I would call and talk to another service advisor about this to confirm that this is their policy, and if it is the case I would suggest you take your business elsewhere. I would take your wheels to a reputable tire shop like discount tire or another well known company. They are qualified to install new wheels and tires and often times have better equipment than dealers, like a road force balancer.

·
Registered
207 Posts
That may be the policy of the dealer, or it may have been what someone told you to get you to buy the sensors from them. I would call and talk to another service advisor about this to confirm that this is their policy, and if it is the case I would suggest you take your business elsewhere. I would take your wheels to a reputable tire shop like discount tire or another well known company. They are qualified to install new wheels and tires and often times have better equipment than dealers, like a road force balancer.
Well I went to NTB, Sears, and the local VW dealership. Apparently they have to insure that when putting TMPS on a vehicle that it is 100% in working condition. None of the reputable places will risk using customer parts like TMPS from what I understand so far. Unless there's a way around it or if I take it to a no name place I might be lucky.

My original idea was to take the tires and tmps off of one set of wheels and put it on my new ones but he said they cannot put used TMPS on when they mount the tires. Then I told them what if I bought brand new OEM sensors on my own? Again, he said no and they must be purchase through them (which is like $400).

I'll try some other places, if I get lucky i'll contact you and order a set.

·
Registered
6,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I went to NTB, Sears, and the local VW dealership. Apparently they have to insure that when putting TMPS on a vehicle that it is 100% in working condition. None of the reputable places will risk using customer parts like TMPS from what I understand so far. Unless there's a way around it or if I take it to a no name place I might be lucky.

My original idea was to take the tires and tmps off of one set of wheels and put it on my new ones but he said they cannot put used TMPS on when they mount the tires. Then I told them what if I bought brand new OEM sensors on my own? Again, he said no and they must be purchase through them (which is like $400).

I'll try some other places, if I get lucky i'll contact you and order a set.
They are trying to tell you that if there is something wrong with the sensors they wont be able to replace them for free. If you say dont worry about that. Please install these sensors you will have no issue. Have a great New Years

1 - 20 of 39 Posts