VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
4,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys I need a little help with programming my mirrors and seats to the Master Keys. Does someone have any words of wisdom? I've tried following the directions in the Owners Manual to no avail...

· Registered
1,869 Posts
Re: Setting mirrors and seats to Master Keys.... (vwguild)

Third time was the charm for me. Perhaps it worked because I held the fob-key closer to the ignition/steering column? Also, make sure you do it all w/in 10 seconds. Besides that, all I can say is "Use the Force, William."

· Registered
1,294 Posts
Re: Setting mirrors and seats to Master Keys.... (DCdave)

on a related note, anyone have any thoughts about this one . . . i can't re-program my buttons. after having the car for awhile, i have differnet seat preferneces from the ones i had originally programmed in. no matter what i do, the "old" positions are still in there. i've tried moving the seat all the way up and forawrd, backrest forward, double tapping the controls to make sure it's all the way, following the procedure from start to finish to reprogram but it isn't working.
is there a procedure to erase the settings? with all the elctronics on board, i'm hesitant to yank the battery for a few minutes. don't even know if that would accomplish anything.
i especially want to reprogram because of an incident that happened twice. i programmed #3 to slide all the way back for when i get out of the car. twice while driving, the seat went all the way back while the car was in motion
i wanted to reprogram all 3 buttons the same for now (no one else uses the car but me)
any thoughts would be appreciated.
tks

[Modified by VeeDubDude, 1:03 PM 4-5-2002]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.