VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep my posts here down a bit but with this year featuring a lot of German rides having come to me for detail I thought I'd put up a a few shots of each here to help keep things moving along. Always happy to help out any with questions on detailing. It's what I do and I love paying forward all that the car world has given me.

Pics tend to look a little compressed here but I think they do the trick for now.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Wow, all of those cars look amazing! What product do you normally use for wax? Any tips on how to prevent rock chip damage on the front end (without vinyl wrap)?

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow, all of those cars look amazing! What product do you normally use for wax? Any tips on how to prevent rock chip damage on the front end (without vinyl wrap)?
Thanks for the kind words! In terms of products, I use several lines. It will depend on the vehicle as each make has a different finish and response to the products can vary. Here, most all of these involved CarPro's line of products. On the VW SUV I did compound some panels that were rough with CarPro Clear Cut but CarPro Essence is usually my polish of choice as it's a good primer/base for their Ceramic Coatings. I rarely if ever use sealants or waxes. Most all my work is Ceramic Coatings. In terms of chips, Paint Protect Films aka PPF are the way to go. Not much in terms of non PPF that will prevent chips.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Another German Joined the Ranks

So a fellow member of another Audi Forum contacted me regarding his Moonlight Blue Metallic 2013 S4 wearing 19" S5 wheels, that hasn't been waxed or had anything more than a tunnel wash since 2015. He put it off for longer than he realized and knew that it was just too much work for him to tackle and like many, he just wanted a clean start to begin caring for it day-forward.

Overall the car wasn't horrible but it was swirled. Wanting to stick to a budget, he decided on my Premium Enhancement Polish package which is a single stage correction that on this car was targeted to achieve about 75% or so reduction in the marring. Mission accomplished too. Another item he wanted was to remove the front fender V6T Badges and replace them with the "supercharged" badges shown here. Easy enough and no ghosting was left behind at all.

To protect it better, he opted for the Cquartz Ceramic Coating on the vehicles finish. All in all I love the color and feel it turned out quite nice. I just wish mother nature would have provide some sun to catch the metallic in the paint. This car goes from near black in appearance at night to a muted blue in the clouds to a nice metallic blue in the sunshine. Very cool and not so common color on these.

Here are a couple pics:

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Adding in a few more German Details. I do a LOT of cars but these are just a handful of more German Love. I do interiors too ;)

Not German but a bonus fun car anyway! Fully built 302 under the hood.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.