VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2005 S2000, 2019 G70 6MT, 2019 i3 REX, 2003 XC70
16,728 Posts
Wow! What, short of a huge accident, can cause that?

·
Banned
12,115 Posts
Re: Severe engine carnage (patrickvr6)

The hell?!
Ladies and gentlemen, I hereby pass the baton for "Most Mechanical Damage done by a single driver" to the owner of this engine. May it bring him years of financial ruin.

·
Banned
10,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: (GTI 20v)

Quote, originally posted by GTI 20v »
Wow! What, short of a huge accident, can cause that?

Lots of compression + lots of RPM.

·
Registered
13,720 Posts
Re: Severe engine carnage (LittleBlackGTI)

That man has some talent to be able to do that

Mike

·
Registered
26,702 Posts

I'm sure you can fix it with Loctite http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
19,458 Posts
Re: Severe engine carnage (VWMike81)

Quote, originally posted by OneBadFox »
Believe it or not but everything is ok, the crank, rods, pistons and cam are all fine. The motor stayed together but that's because of the bellhousing, intake manifold and timing cover. If it wasn't for those it would have been all over the engine bay and the road. One thing you need to look out for is coolant. When the engine died, I got out of the car and noticed coolant was all over the ground. Check my sig for numbers.
Well I'm not upset at all, I knew it was going to happened I just didn't know when. It kinda gives off a cool vibe, knowing that my car made enough power to split the block in half. Oh Well its time to build big and better things.

Quote, originally posted by OneBadFox »
436 CID Stroker in the works
9/03-10/03
480.2 RWHP and 425.2 RWTQ H/C/I 306 Novi 2000 http://home.sc.rr.com/joshwhitehead/joshblower.JPG
1/02-3/03
333.3 RWHP and 353.3 RWTQ N/A 331 setup
[email protected] MPH on DR with 1.85 60ft
[email protected] MPH on ET Drags with a 1.609 60ft, (with a blown headgasket )

·
Registered
5,023 Posts

i've seen worse..there was a pic of a yellow stang that had an incon twin turbo setup..apparently it grenaded and the whole thing was just a mountain of really screwed up metal. does anyone have those pics?

·
Registered
'16 Fusion Hybrid, '67 Datsun Roadster
19,640 Posts
Re: Severe engine carnage (VWVancouver)

Quote, originally posted by VWVancouver »
I'm sure you can fix it with Loctite http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

Maybe some JB Weld and duct tape. I guess some chewing gum as well, just in case.

·
Registered
14,532 Posts
Re: Severe engine carnage (Egz)

I work in the warranty dept. at Cummins. I'll have to show you some cool pics sometime. We had a guy call us once with a Signature 600. Said he was doing a hard fully loaded pull up a 6% grade and he hear a bang had no more power, but the engine was running. Turns out the crank sheared right in front of the no. 6 main and piston just whipped around for a couple of rpms and tore the back half of the block off, dumping part of the block and the transmission on the ground and the truck ran over it.
I must say, though, for an autmotive application, I'm quite impressed.
Chris

·
Registered
518 Posts
Re: Severe engine carnage (200HP4dr)

hehehe thats a mustang block they like to split like that under boost
ive seen it twice.
My friend shot his crank out the the front of the block into the radiator because the msd rev limiter failed and it reved to 10k AND KABOOOOOOOOOO

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
Re: Severe engine carnage (KARMANN_16V)

Quote, originally posted by KARMANN_16V »
Can you say saved by the bell-housing?

Boooooooo!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts