VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2001.5 passat. it has about 5300mi. on it now. I have now gotten some fairly loud air noise originating on the passenger side of the car. it seems to be more over the back door, but i can't really tell. the doors seem ok. anyone have problems like this? I plan to take it to the dealer, but with my experience with them if I don't have the answer for them, they won't be able to find it.
thanks
mike

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
Re: Severe wind noise--need suggestions (mikegee)

...check door-to-body rubber gaskets and door alignment.

[Modified by E36BMW, 6:16 AM 8-1-2002]

·
Registered
223 Posts

If it's not the standard door-to-body seals then you might take a look at the window channel stripping as well. Something may have gotten pinched and you now have a loss of integrity on the seal. This happened on my last car (don't tell anyone, but it was a Camry). Whenever that window got rolled down, I had to slip my driver's license in between the window and the channel stripping as I rolled it back up to keep it from getting pinched again. Reeealll annoying!

·
Registered
593 Posts

Mine has the same problem. On a windy day, going down the freeway it just hollows(sp). I just thought i'd have to live with it and it was par for the course. I've tried to clear it up on 'other' cars but since it's only in the strong wind i figured oh well. And typically it doesn't get better when the dealer messes with it. does anyone have any better experiences or suggestions?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts