VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Rejoining the VWVortex Community - Please review the following thread: Here

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

Managed to get to the dyno on Weds for a mapping session now I've got my new intercooler on. Also fitted an idle control valve from a mk2 VW Golf so it was ready to go!

It is crazy fast now for a van. I plan to have an LSD on in a a few weeks with the new adapter plate running the 02M box!

Hope you all enjoy the video! :)

https://youtu.be/wEqSUeee9I4

·
Registered
334 Posts
Absolutely insane!!! I love this build. Awesome video too... Congrats!! How much mpg are you getting?

...just tapped out with a thumb or 2, please don't mind the abbreviations and grammatical faults.

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
Nice work! I bet that’s a blast to drive.

Good to hear you got a plate lined up too. Sorry I wasn’t able to make anything happen with getting a few made. Looking forward to the future plans on your build. :thumbup:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice work! I bet that’s a blast to drive.

Good to hear you got a plate lined up too. Sorry I wasn’t able to make anything happen with getting a few made. Looking forward to the future plans on your build. :thumbup:
Hey bud, no worries! I'm getting them made up here and will soon be developing a kit. Can't wait to run a 6 spd with an LSD. It will help loads :)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Absolutely insane!!! I love this build. Awesome video too... Congrats!! How much mpg are you getting?

...just tapped out with a thumb or 2, please don't mind the abbreviations and grammatical faults.
I've never looked at MPG, I'm not really an economical driver! haha

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Little update

Hello,

Apologies for not coming back to people in private messages. The van has been off the road for 6 months as I've been busy working on the 6 speed and I've decided that I will likely sell the adapters along with the mounts for a full 1.8T / 1.9 TDi PD swap.

Here's a little update so you can see progress so far. I've now sold the engine in the video and I'm having a 2.0 stroker built using a 2.0 TFSi crank and large port head, cams and full valve train. Aiming for iro 550bhp.

Cheers, Tom

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
motivational stuff chief,... keep us posted for here in the states T4 intel is far and in between concerning motor swap options
I'll second that, many thanks man!!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: much appreciate you sharing the information and the process, your t4 is amazing!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts