VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, i picked up a car today to replace my caddy. its really sad to see Thumper go, buttttttt i'm moving to arizona for college and i need some a/c. So here we go, bad pics, but big size, I'll post more later when I get the car cleaned and wax. It's an 88 Rocco 16V and i got it for 1900 bucks. Theres a patch of rust next to the door handle, but looks like a quick fix. Drives wonderful with 76,000 miles on it. Within a couple months it'll be gettin armored door handle gaurds, tinted windows, and a rust fix. I was gonna name it rocco, but 1)thats a nickname for all sciroccos and 2) its a guys name, this car is too pretty to be a guy, so it had to be a girl. Rocko sounds like rocco,and Rockos modern life was a badass show. Rockos g/f's name was Shiela
thus, project shiela is born. glad i can post in these forums

P.s. anyone in Phoenix/Tempe area of arizona may see me around starting mid august

Modified by Goldice at 5:58 AM 5-21-2004

·
Registered
866 Posts
Re: Shiela WARNING: Big Pics (Goldice)

any idea if that car is from Hawaii origionally? that torn up, nasy white sticker on the bumper of the car looks exactly like our safety inspection stickers over here...
although i cant really get a good look at it. if not, what is it?

·
Registered
7,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

nope, not from hawaii. actually it came from wisconsin, so its seen a lot of scenery. ill post more pics on sunday, im gonna wash and wax it, and swap the wheels for a set of snowflakes i have on my caddy. im also going to need your guys' help as there is a rust spot next to the drivers side door handle. im buying armor plates for the door handles, but i dont think it will go all the way over, so ill have to fiberglass it or weld something over it. update on sunday

·
Registered
7,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

you know, after today, i was reminded of a funny quote, either i made it up, or i pretended that i made it up. "You never really know how big your car is, until you wax it by hand". eesh, anyways, really brought out the paint, i can't believe its stock.schwag. enjoy my ridiculously large pictures. btw, what is "Karmann"?, its on both sides of my car between front and rear side windows.

·
Registered
7,975 Posts

Karmann is the company that made Scirocco's both mk1 and 2, Golf cabrio's, the old Karmann Ghia, and the Corrado. Their factory is in Osnabruck i think?

·
Registered
9,943 Posts
Re: Shiela WARNING: Big Pics (Absoludicrous!)

NIce shot....funny how the like that pose
here is mine

Hehehehe... http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
You got a nice 16V

1 - 9 of 9 Posts