VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1,833 Posts
Nice car. I see 4-lugs, so I assume it's linkage, and not cables.
You really have to lookat the linkage and see what's broken. Pop your hood and have someone move your shifter around. Once you find the broken piece. There's two main replacable parts that can break easily. Once you figure out which one, make an order from German.

Now, a loose nut can make things feel this way too, so keep an eye out for that. Also - Bad bushing can be the culprit (if the linkage is beat) Those are a little more complicated to replace. These are the parts you're looking at. Once you find out which one, we'll know what DIY to link you.

-FBL

· Registered
8,440 Posts
anyone kopw how to replace the little orange bushing just in front of the cat before it goes under the heatshield, im trying to get some slop out of my shifter, and is the piece thats on the stick inside the car replacable, the one thats inside the black ring on the white thing, wow this makes me seem like i dont knwo what the hell im doing lol

· Registered
8,440 Posts
Re: (sxracer001)

in that pic above witht all the bushings i it, right unfer the top rod, there is two white bushigs and two clear ones, does anyone klnwo where these bushings go?? i bought the small kit form german and dont knwo whwre they go

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.