VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have car shipping experience and can recommend me a good company? Need to ship a MERCURY TRACER from texas to here
the cost of shipping that I can find is pretty much half the value of the car.

·
Super Moderator
'20 R1250 GSA, '17 Alltrak SEL, '89 Tristar Syncro TDi, '80 Scirocco "S"
23,397 Posts
Re: shipping a car (MidnightGLI)

Call [email protected] who is local here in Phoenix. I am shipping the TTQR from Maryland to Phoenix for about $850 door to door. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
9,261 Posts
Re: shipping a car (Paul Grimes)

be VERY CAREFUL with carmoves. I've shipped four cars total, and two where with them. The first two were near painless, but the two with carmoves were complete hell. They did have the best price though.

·
Banned
1,183 Posts
theexpressauto.com quoted me $1045 from Virginia to Phoenix door to door on an open carrier. i opted for the drive.

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
Re: shipping a car (NastyJettaNza)

just got a car shipped from Panama City, FL to Phoenix for $725! And the damn CD player got jacked- it was a crappy one so I told the driver to pay me $100 and it would be cool-They slim'd it for an AIWA CD player

·
Registered
8,010 Posts
Re: shipping a car (tim18t)

Quote, originally posted by tim18t »
why not just go get it?

I bought my Jetta in Dallas and drove it back the next day.
$197 airfare + $70 hotel - $200 airfare voucher = cheap, extended test drive (~13 hours?). I looked at having it shipped, but it didn't make sense from that distance. If it were coming from the NE, then it makes more sense.

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
Re: shipping a car (DrivesMeCrazy)

I would go get it since I have family there...but I ain't drive a Tracer from Dallas to here...14hrs of heat

1 - 11 of 11 Posts